2020/21 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not going through it all again because we won last week so i have no ammo but I reiterate that if we put a second string out and lose, they're will be havoc with fans. Anyway I trust Carlo so my opinion on this subject is moot really.

I kind of agree. I’d like us to put half the first team out, mixed with some of the fringe players. But no one for the shop window, just players we intend on keeping this season.

who knows why that would look like, I sure as hell would t like to guess.

At last some who agree with me, I got told I was a bedwetter last week for wanting a full strength side out and for saying prioritise a cup win.

Probably wouldn't advocate full strength at home to Salford City at Goodison - all considered, especially the way this season has started.

But then - Fleetwood is another step up as a challenge particularly with it not being on a carpet like Goodison so I'd like to see a slightly improved side to get the job done.

West Ham IMO should be pretty full strength though. Everton shouldn't be giving the league cup a patronising tap on the head - we've not won a thing for over 25 years and we've never won it - a domestic cup - in our history. This season offers more chance than most if we go out because we think we're better than we are then I'll be pretty annoyed.

Think he will get one tonight. Perhaps aggravated not even seeing the bench the past two league games will have him more motivated than usual. Love to see this lad play.

Probably wouldn't advocate full strength at home to Salford City at Goodison - all considered, especially the way this season has started.

But then - Fleetwood is another step up as a challenge particularly with it not being on a carpet like Goodison so I'd like to see a slightly improved side to get the job done.

West Ham IMO should be pretty full strength though. Everton shouldn't be giving the league cup a patronising tap on the head - we've not won a thing for over 25 years and we've never won it - a domestic cup - in our history. This season offers more chance than most if we go out because we think we're better than we are then I'll be pretty annoyed.
I really can't fathom people turning their nose up at the thought of a trophy and what that brings in terms of morale and a winning feeling. It'll be the same ones who go on about us being in Europe but turn their nose up at the Europa League. Me I want to win every competition we enter, we aren't a club who can pick and choose.

I really can't fathom people turning their nose up at the thought of a trophy and what that brings in terms of morale and a winning feeling. It'll be the same ones who go on about us being in Europe but turn their nose up at the Europa League. Me I want to win every competition we enter, we aren't a club who can pick and choose.

Agree it would be brilliant to win a cup (or two, insanely optimistic here). Its a starting point in my view. Something to challenge the players to better the following season, breed a winning mentality.

I'm not going through it all again because we won last week so i have no ammo but I reiterate that if we put a second string out and lose, they're will be havoc with fans. Anyway I trust Carlo so my opinion on this subject is moot really.

If we go full strength and one of the key players gets an injury to keep them out of action for a few months there will be just as much havoc tho.

IMO today should be the same team as Salford except maybe Mina for Branthwaite. That doesn't mean I don't want us to go all out for this cup, but that second string should be good enough to deal with a league 1 side.

Then against West Ham i would say pretty much full strength except maybe Gordon and Kean to get a start depending how they perform tonight

If we go full strength and one of the key players gets an injury to keep them out of action for a few months there will be just as much havoc tho.

IMO today should be the same team as Salford except maybe Mina for Branthwaite. That doesn't mean I don't want us to go all out for this cup, but that second string should be good enough to deal with a league 1 side.

Then against West Ham i would say pretty much full strength except maybe Gordon and Kean to get a start depending how they perform tonight
We're just covering ground that was covered last week. Injuries can happen in any game at any time. I've already realised I'm an army of one on this, everyone else is happy to play reserves, it is what it is. As long as we get through fine, just don't want to see any complaining should a shock happen.

We're just covering ground that was covered last week. Injuries can happen in any game at any time. I've already realised I'm an army of one on this, everyone else is happy to play reserves, it is what it is. As long as we get through fine, just don't want to see any complaining should a shock happen.

Exactly! Which is why we shouldn't risk our key players in a game that we don't need them in.

But fair enough I respect you've got a different opinion on it

Exactly! Which is why we shouldn't risk our key players in a game that we don't need them in.

But fair enough I respect you've got a different opinion on it
I'm just desperate to win a bloody trophy and I'd be peeved if we got knocked out with a second string but I do realise they're only league two. We are all wanting the same thing, too progress to the next round at the end of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.