2020/21 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know much about this young player, any chance he can play on the right?
He has the potential to be very good! I can see a system with him and Richarlison switching left and right sides during the game with DCL up top and James in the hole.
For now though I think Carlo with continue to give him games in the cups to keep building his confidence but as the season goes on and league fixtures get more congested I think we’ll see a lot of him!

Don't know much about this young player, any chance he can play on the right?

...he’s not a conventional winger who takes his full back on the outside and puts crosses in, his stock in trade is to cut inside. Consequently he’s much more of a threat on the left, although he’s such a good runner he’d be effective playing in a central position.

...he’s not a conventional winger who takes his full back on the outside and puts crosses in, his stock in trade is to cut inside. Consequently he’s much more of a threat on the left, although he’s such a good runner he’d be effective playing in a central position.

I think he’ll end up a striker myself.

Yikes. I kind of feel for Antman because he should obviously be ahead of the likes of Iwobi, Bernard and Walcott in the pecking order. But I don’t think his exclusion was a slight at all as much as he wanted to rest Anthony up for tomorrow and give Iwobi a chance to see the field and get some minutes after getting a knock. I’m sure it’s fine, but I hope he isn’t doubting himself.

Its just the same thing from the Echo – Gordon went to Ancelotti to ask why he wasn't in the squad, Carlo said he was happy to see such an attitude from a young player with so much talent

He starts vs Fleetwood

Sounds like the Athletic is not much value then. Can’t even provide better content than the red echo.

Looking forward to seeing him again tonight, I reckon he'll be in the first team squad by the end of the season. He has pace, likes to run at people and is direct, got a bright future.

I'd be telling him to look at Harvey Barnes for Leicester and the growing impact and influence on games he's having there at age 22 (?)

Gordon is still a fair bit younger but that's the kind of attitude I'd like him to aspire to, to be involved in games that much and stamping his mark on them. The talent is there, want to see him demanding the ball and taking onus on himself to influence more.

Lad is 19, He's got the whole world ahead of him. Yeah he should be in the match day squad but I don't know if he would have came on against Spurs or WBA anyway, We wiped the floor with both of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.