2020/21 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the league cup being every week it's a great way for him to get up to full fitness and match sharpness before he is in the Premier League squads.

Hopefully he's one of if not the first on the team sheet for these matches and if we beat these he'll have a game against West Ham to look forward to.

With the league cup being every week it's a great way for him to get up to full fitness and match sharpness before he is in the Premier League squads.

Hopefully he's one of if not the first on the team sheet for these matches and if we beat these he'll have a game against West Ham to look forward to.

Disagree with this attitude creeping in.

The league cup should be a priority. Now more than ever, with more teams turning away from it with fixture congestion.

Don't mess about tonight, and a full team against West Ham.

The league cup should be a priority. Now more than ever, with more teams turning away from it with fixture congestion.

This ^

We’re not in Europe so haven’t got those demands on the squad and this comp provides us with the best opportunity to lift a pot. We have to put winning the ties ahead of some sort of feeling of obligation to use this cup to give squad players game time.

I know I keep banging on about a Right winger but after seeing the entire DCL, Brands and Silva thing maybe Brands has said Don’t bring in a wide player because this lad is going to be the business?

I am trying not to get too excited about him because we all know how that ends, see Tom Davies.

I understand what you're saying, but in Gordons case I believe he is very capable of playing and having a big effect on both games.

With a short preseason then 7 games in the space of 4 weeks, I think we need to be very careful how we manage the team to prevent possible injuries.

I understand what you're saying, but in Gordons case I believe he is very capable of playing and having a big effect on both games.

With a short preseason then 7 games in the space of 4 weeks, I think we need to be very careful how we manage the team to prevent possible injuries.

this is it for me, it's not about giving squad players gametime, it's more making sure our first team don't suffer burnout. If we got close to top 4 near the end, but our whole first team was too knackered and faded away in the last few weeks, we'd have ben gutted that we were using them against salford and fleetwood when the second string is good enough to beat them with ease.

Short summer break, short pre season and hopefully 7 games in 22 days, it'll be rotation for a good while in the league cup.

Gordon demanded Ancelotti explanation
0_GettyImages-1253238493.jpg

Carlo Ancelotti has revealed that Anthony Gordon demanded an explanation for why he was overlooked for Everton’s start to the Premier League campaign and that he reassured the teenager he represents the future of the club.

The teenager is set to feature against Fleetwood Town tonight in the Carabao Cup having been excluded from the matchday squads for the league wins over Tottenham Hotspur and West Bromwich Albion.

When asked what he made of Gordon's questions, Ancelotti said:

"I love, I love this. It means they are really interested to do a proper job."

See, that's different. Ability isn't fitness.

My point was with regards to you saying to use the competition to develop fitness and match sharpness;

The whole "premier league priority over league cup" doesn't sit well with me given 25+ years without a trophy.

Something we should bring up ourselves at every opportunity.

See, that's different. Ability isn't fitness.

My point was with regards to you saying to use the competition to develop fitness and match sharpness;

The whole "premier league priority over league cup" doesn't sit well with me given 25+ years without a trophy.

Something we should bring up ourselves at every opportunity.
At last some who agree with me, I got told I was a bedwetter last week for wanting a full strength side out and for saying prioritise a cup win.

This ^

We’re not in Europe so haven’t got those demands on the squad and this comp provides us with the best opportunity to lift a pot. We have to put winning the ties ahead of some sort of feeling of obligation to use this cup to give squad players game time.

Completely agree. I have also noticed some of the Sky 6 are set to face each other in the next round. We have a good path through to the quarters if we are professional

At last some who agree with me, I got told I was a bedwetter last week for wanting a full strength side out and for saying prioritise a cup win.
Of course we need a cup win mate but the team we put out against Salford is quite capable of beating Fleetwood. Maybe think about strengthening if we go through which we should, all things being equal.

Of course we need a cup win mate but the team we put out against Salford is quite capable of beating Fleetwood. Maybe think about strengthening if we go through which we should, all things being equal.
I'm not going through it all again because we won last week so i have no ammo but I reiterate that if we put a second string out and lose, they're will be havoc with fans. Anyway I trust Carlo so my opinion on this subject is moot really.

Status
Not open for further replies.