2020/21 Mason Holgate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw he was at goodison Saturday. Hopefully been told to study Allan. Start the grooming process so he can take over that role once Allans legs turn to Gbamin.

Well said, gentlemen ;)

Will be interesting to see the type of player we sign.

Anyone without much pace and we'll surely be going with a deep defence which means Keane is pretty much a shoe in.

Someone with pace and we can play a mid-high line with Holgate or revert back to the deep defence when needed.

Any players out there who would catch your eye as being a good partner for Holgate and Keane? I feel we need a 1st choice rather than an 'option'.

....agree wholeheartedly with your assessment of the ‘type’ of CB we need, including that the aim has to be that they’re part of the 1st choice partnership.

I wouldn’t nominate such an individual, but of the players we’re linked with who might be available i was very disappointed with Todibo’s quality and attitude when I saw him play. I prefer Tomori or the young City CB but hope Brands has still got one or two on his shopping list that haven’t been revealed yet.

....agree wholeheartedly with your assessment of the ‘type’ of CB we need, including that the aim has to be that they’re part of the 1st choice partnership.

I wouldn’t nominate such an individual, but of the players we’re linked with who might be available i was very disappointed with Todibo’s quality and attitude when I saw him play. I prefer Tomori or the young City CB but hope Brands has still got one or two on his shopping list that haven’t been revealed yet.

Todibo: Tall, fast, athletic, can tackle, head, pass and dribble.

If its a loan with a buyout clause id be delighted. Not sure theres anyone who has such potential available on loan.

Strange how quiet our window has become after the flurry of activity a fortnight ago. A centre back would quell my feeling of anxiety everytime I see Mina clutching his knee/foot/arm/head...

Todibo: Tall, fast, athletic, can tackle, head, pass and dribble.

If its a loan with a buyout clause id be delighted. Not sure theres anyone who has such potential available on loan.

...I know you like him Zat as did I until I saw him play. He wasn’t commanding at all, not as powerful as I thought. He was bullied by the opposition striker and pretended to be hurt when he brushed into him with his arm.

No effort to cover for one of the goals, played like the game didn’t matter. That put me off.

...I know you like him Zat as did I until I saw him play. He wasn’t commanding at all, not as powerful as I thought. He was bullied by the opposition striker and pretended to be hurt when he brushed into him with his arm.

No effort to cover for one of the goals, played like the game didn’t matter. That put me off.
Thats me convinced then - swerve

He went off injured because of that + from then on it was stop/start for the last games due to that same injury.

Harsh to judge him on one game mate.

Please try to find the Inter match he played in for barca last season online. You'll see a very different player to the one in that dortmund game.

Had anyone posted this

There was also an awards double for Mason Holgate in 2019/20, with the defender being named as the Young Player of the Season and Players' Player of the Season,

He went off injured because of that + from then on it was stop/start for the last games due to that same injury.

Harsh to judge him on one game mate.

Please try to find the Inter match he played in for barca last season online. You'll see a very different player to the one in that dortmund game.

Come on Zat, you only like him because he is 20 years old

Status
Not open for further replies.