Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, last season under Silva Mina was our best player. Not only our best defender.

Then Holgate came in and looked very good, pace, snide, leadership...very good.

Keane came in and took his chance. I think he had 50% great games and 50% average to poor games after the restart.

Against Spurs i felt we were deep and both Keane and Mina played well. Against west brom we were on the front foot and Mina is being blamed for not taking out a left winger (Colemans player) and not jumping in the wall (may have been told not to).

I think both players are very good if we play a deep defence. I also think both players arent good when we play a high line.

In addition and back to the point where i stated we ALWAYS needed Gabriel heres your post below;

In which case it seems that you must highly rate all our centre back options both deep and high. An opinion i inherrently disagree with.

Which make either you wrong or me right ;)
"Mina was our best player. Not only our best defender."Bloody hell, I must have missed that 5 minutes.

"and not jumping in the wall (may have been told not to). "Erm, what??

Anime Esk.

Gentle massage of advice here...best not to repeatedly insult people on their thoughts, ideas, hopes and dreams when you are decidedly off-piste.

All rather obtuse. Time to lay off the playstation and chop some wood or something...

No need to reply, i wont open 'ignored posts for a while'.

They dont seem to have the money...also we shouldnt loan him there as his confidence will be battered + likely wont be able to use it as a springboard.

With Kenny id rather loan him to the championship if at all but better if we sell him.

Really need another right back.
Kenny and 15m for Max Aarons
They have to be hurting financially with no fans in the ground

lol well he doesnt does he...he'd have provided balance and pace on the left which guess what? We still need...

Keane/Mina im not bothered who goes. Id sell Mina for the opposite reason to yours, Keane is English and there are quotas to fill. In addition to that i think its good to have an English nucleus in the squad if its a choice between two similar squad players.

Thats what Brands/Ancelotti are building, a squad and to have a central defensive partnership at least one centre back needs to have pace.

I think next summer the focus will be on defence and we'll see a few changes there.

I dont think Mina was at fault for not jumping in the wall...no one knows what his instructions were.

With Diangana where was Coleman? I imagine hes supposed to be marking the left winger...aside from that all Mina could do were 3 things;

1: Win the ball
2: Take the player out
3: Back off and try to shepherd him

He chose option 3 and he should have chosen option 2 in hindsight.

What would Keane have done?

Again, this is 2020 not 2017 or 2018. Prices have increased.

Last year would you have expected Griezmann and Felix to go for €120mil+? For me id have Richarlison over both of them at his current ability which last year would have put him at over that amount.

Were seeing keepers at £70mil+ defenders go for £60-85mil, midfielders around the same so for a key player and someone we want to have at the club long term would we sell for the same price as a defender/midfielder? Youre over £100mil already and then its a matter of how much the team wants to pay and how much you can rinse them for.

A brazilian forward for Barca or Madrid carries a premium.
4. He should have shown him the outside and then if he gets skinned for pace bring him down

...I’m not in the least a fan, but there’s no doubt that Keane is certainly first choice CB at the moment. If we manage to get somebody in with the required physicality then I accept he would be a partner for Keane.

Again you're highlighting the serious injuries and ignoring alot of the other smaller injuries/knocks these players take.

I do BJJ competitions and have blokes trying to rip my ankle off and you have much "fitter" players of ours injured for months playing football tennis in training.

That says it all.
Not something i would be bragging about if I was you lol

Grey is a decent age, Would probably be on low wages and wouldn't cost that much due to being last year on his contract, I wouldn't say on his day he's better than Walcott on his day but he gives a different option/style, Basically low fee high reward signing it would be.
Wouldn't be the worst piece of businesses but it's not someone who will blast us to top 6.
Why would we be interested though
Apart from cover at CB anyone we sign should be bought with the intention of going into the first 11 immediately
We have loads of SQUAD players
Only caveat is young (17-20) players bought cheap for the future

I will be amazed if fans are back in football grounds this year.
When this reality dawns on accountants of football clubs all over Europe ,it will be reality check time
Clubs will be forced to sell and we are in a prime position to pounce
Look at Juve ,a financial powerhouse, loans and cheap is all they can afford .
ReaL Madrid gave James away and Bale just to save on wages
FPP and STCC are out the window
If we spend 50m on 3 players it could stop 3 clubs going under and UEFA know this
We will spend at the end of the window

I suppose at the very top end the transfers between clubs with bottomless pockets could remain large and that might trickle down to an extent - but you have to imagine in the next tier clubs will have to reign in spending for now.

It doesn't bode well for our outgoings - perhaps we'll be funding excess wages to make them more attractive.

Status
Not open for further replies.