Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
You want Fabian Delph in the team. Hes English, ergo my point stands :p

Honestly all this praise for Keane sitting deep...people have short memories lol

Whether you like it or not, Keane has been by far our best Defender for a long time now.

It has nothing to with if he's English, its just a fact that most people recognise.

And as for Delph, I thought he might have given us an option, but he cant stay fit and he probably wont be our problem in 2 weeks, good riddance to him, I wont miss him.

Mina is injury prone and a bit dodgy.
I like Holgate and he defo has the most potential.
But Keane has been consistent lately, there's very few Strikers that will bully him left in the league and even less that will get round the back, the whole deep line has been massively overblown and the last 2 games have proven that Keane is able to play in the side. He put Harry Kane in his pocket last week.

Im not saying Keane is an English Nesta, but on current form he deserves his place and is looking great.

I think its only you who cares where players are from, I honestly dont care.

Whether you like it or not, Keane has been by far our best Defender for a long time now.

It has nothing to with if he's English, its just a fact that most people recognise.

And as for Delph, I thought he might have given us an option, but he cant stay fit and he probably wont be our problem in 2 weeks, good riddance to him, I wont miss him.

Mina is injury prone and a bit dodgy.
I like Holgate and he defo has the most potential.
But Keane has been consistent lately, there's very few Strikers that will bully him left in the league and even less that will get round the back, the whole deep line has been massively overblown and the last 2 games have proven that Keane is able to play in the side. He put Harry Kane in his pocket last week.

Im not saying Keane is an English Nesta, but on current form he deserves his place and is looking great.

I think its only you who cares where players are from, I honestly dont care.

For me, last season under Silva Mina was our best player. Not only our best defender.

Then Holgate came in and looked very good, pace, snide, leadership...very good.

Keane came in and took his chance. I think he had 50% great games and 50% average to poor games after the restart.

Against Spurs i felt we were deep and both Keane and Mina played well. Against west brom we were on the front foot and Mina is being blamed for not taking out a left winger (Colemans player) and not jumping in the wall (may have been told not to).

I think both players are very good if we play a deep defence. I also think both players arent good when we play a high line.

In addition and back to the point where i stated we ALWAYS needed Gabriel heres your post below;

Zat is NOT very bright is he.

In which case it seems that you must highly rate all our centre back options both deep and high. An opinion i inherrently disagree with.

Which make either you wrong or me right ;)

For me, last season under Silva Mina was our best player. Not only our best defender.

Then Holgate came in and looked very good, pace, snide, leadership...very good.

Keane came in and took his chance. I think he had 50% great games and 50% average to poor games after the restart.

Against Spurs i felt we were deep and both Keane and Mina played well. Against west brom we were on the front foot and Mina is being blamed for not taking out a left winger (Colemans player) and not jumping in the wall (may have been told not to).

I think both players are very good if we play a deep defence. I also think both players arent good when we play a high line.

In addition and back to the point where i stated we ALWAYS needed Gabriel heres your post below;

In which case it seems that you must highly rate all our centre back options both deep and high. An opinion i inherrently disagree with.

Which make either you wrong or me right ;)

Gabriel looks a donkey.

And Keane will be here way after Mina.

You can't even admit that Mina made a terrible error.

Last edited:
They signed him for £4mil in Jan from Chelsea. Theyve turned down leeds bids for their centre back ben white.

This boys value will be really really high.

Funny thing is you could say the exact same thing about Michael Keane. Neither he nor Mina have any pace and cant play together (which has been obvious since day 1).

There has to be a quick player alongside one of them. Mina is 2 years younger than Keane but Keane seems to be a favourite on here as hes English or shy or can only play in a very deep defence...who knows.

The issue is that we now have Keane + Mina + Branthwaite who are all big lads and need to bring in another fast defender to compete with Holgate.

One of Keane + Mina has to go but i guess that will be next summer when we spend funds on defence.

Buyouts legally have to be included in the spanish player contracts. Barca made a mistake not increasing it as the market rose.

Im pretty confused at what point youre trying to make here as that just shows the buyout as the mjnimum fee and not what barca wanted to sell at. Neymar went for X amount years ago and Mbappe went for Y amount 2 years ago...the market has increased since then and both have changed as players.

You asked me what teams Richarljson would get into, its the top 3 spanish sides. He'd have to be valued at £120-150mil because of the players hes pushing out.

We may value him at more / less.
The point I’m making is that 200m or whoever it was , was for neymars release fee... it was huge ... it’s doubled the world record at the time nearly . Mbappe again was a massive fee because Monaco were basically selling the league to PSG ... and he was about 120m quid. I don’t see how you can value richy at 120-150m , I mean I’d take it but I could never see anyone paying it .

Gabriel looks a donkey.

And Keane will be here way after Mina.

You can't even admit that Mina made a terrible error.

lol well he doesnt does he...he'd have provided balance and pace on the left which guess what? We still need...

Keane/Mina im not bothered who goes. Id sell Mina for the opposite reason to yours, Keane is English and there are quotas to fill. In addition to that i think its good to have an English nucleus in the squad if its a choice between two similar squad players.

Thats what Brands/Ancelotti are building, a squad and to have a central defensive partnership at least one centre back needs to have pace.

I think next summer the focus will be on defence and we'll see a few changes there.

I dont think Mina was at fault for not jumping in the wall...no one knows what his instructions were.

With Diangana where was Coleman? I imagine hes supposed to be marking the left winger...aside from that all Mina could do were 3 things;

1: Win the ball
2: Take the player out
3: Back off and try to shepherd him

He chose option 3 and he should have chosen option 2 in hindsight.

What would Keane have done?

The point I’m making is that 200m or whoever it was , was for neymars release fee... it was huge ... it’s doubled the world record at the time nearly . Mbappe again was a massive fee because Monaco were basically selling the league to PSG ... and he was about 120m quid. I don’t see how you can value richy at 120-150m , I mean I’d take it but I could never see anyone paying it .

Again, this is 2020 not 2017 or 2018. Prices have increased.

Last year would you have expected Griezmann and Felix to go for €120mil+? For me id have Richarlison over both of them at his current ability which last year would have put him at over that amount.

Were seeing keepers at £70mil+ defenders go for £60-85mil, midfielders around the same so for a key player and someone we want to have at the club long term would we sell for the same price as a defender/midfielder? Youre over £100mil already and then its a matter of how much the team wants to pay and how much you can rinse them for.

A brazilian forward for Barca or Madrid carries a premium.

lol well he doesnt does he...he'd have provided balance and pace on the left which guess what? We still need...

Keane/Mina im not bothered who goes. Id sell Mina for the opposite reason to yours, Keane is English and there are quotas to fill. In addition to that i think its good to have an English nucleus in the squad if its a choice between two similar squad players.

Thats what Brands/Ancelotti are building, a squad and to have a central defensive partnership at least one centre back needs to have pace.

I think next summer the focus will be on defence and we'll see a few changes there.

I dont think Mina was at fault for not jumping in the wall...no one knows what his instructions were.

With Diangana where was Coleman? I imagine hes supposed to be marking the left winger...aside from that all Mina could do were 3 things;

1: Win the ball
2: Take the player out
3: Back off and try to shepherd him

He chose option 3 and he should have chosen option 2 in hindsight.

What would Keane have done?

Again, this is 2020 not 2017 or 2018. Prices have increased.

Last year would you have expected Griezmann and Felix to go for €120mil+? For me id have Richarlison over both of them at his current ability which last year would have put him at over that amount.

Were seeing keepers at £70mil+ defenders go for £60-85mil, midfielders around the same so for a key player and someone we want to have at the club long term would we sell for the same price as a defender/midfielder? Youre over £100mil already and then its a matter of how much the team wants to pay and how much you can rinse them for.

A brazilian forward for Barca or Madrid carries a premium.

when cl teams buy of eachother it’s usually massive fees. Partially because they’re cl players and or because they’re selling to a couple rival

Radio for me I'll be in work. Imagine the reception Hamez would get tomorrow if we could all be in the ground and Allan for every tackle he makes.. he'll love us. Soon hopefully .
I will be amazed if fans are back in football grounds this year.
When this reality dawns on accountants of football clubs all over Europe ,it will be reality check time
Clubs will be forced to sell and we are in a prime position to pounce
Look at Juve ,a financial powerhouse, loans and cheap is all they can afford .
ReaL Madrid gave James away and Bale just to save on wages
FPP and STCC are out the window
If we spend 50m on 3 players it could stop 3 clubs going under and UEFA know this
We will spend at the end of the window

Status
Not open for further replies.