Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goal or assist every 3 games isnt bad for Palace but hes their focal point...not sure hed have that affect for us as 'one of a selection'.

Yes but were talking about 2 years ago. Mbappe is better than Neymar and Neymar went for €220mil because he came from a bigger club and that was the fee demanded.

Do you think its likely Mbappe goes for €120mil today? No, and thats why comparing his fee now to 2 seasons ago when looking at richarlisons valuation makes little sense.

Where have you guys seen that? Hes class...amazing business moving Doherty out and getting Semedo :(

neymar left for that amount because Barca didn’t want to sell and that was his buyout figure

Centre Half should be our top priority. I didn’t like the look of Mina yesterday. Getting in a top class CB would make us a top 4 team. Prof Ancelotti just needs to Give that Koulibaly a ring.

ive never been convinced about mina, he’s still young but looks very slow and not very mobile and we seem to get caught out with simple balls over the top a lot when he plays. He may be a monster in a deep defending team and I’m not saying to ship him out just yet, but I am also very nervous with himbeing one of our two main options.

Who is a very good defender
in what paralelo universo?

he is a mile behind Holgate and Keane. And the big kid is going to be way better.

yesterday he managed to send a suicide pass to Pickfoed after 3 minutes, he backed off for 60 metros for the first goal and showed repeated diré decisión making in the first half.

When he has time to think, he is done for.

I think the injuries to Hokgate/Brainthwaite has shifted plans somewhat.
Hmm I wonder what happened?
That was before we lost two to injuries; changes the perspective just slightly.

We have 3 centre backs fit and we have 2 centre backs injured.

Remember we have a centre back who played for fleetwood last year who we could keep till jan (otherwise he cant be loaned as he wouldnt be able to play for 3 teams in a calendar year). Weve chosen to loan him to Reading.

The numerical circumstances havent changed. There must have always been a plan to loan Gibson + there seems to have been a plan to use Branthwaite ahead of him.

The injuries also havent changed anything in terms of needing anorher centre back though. We have one centre back with pace (holgate) and if he is injured were stuffed.

We always needed another centre back, one with pace.

Think we have been after a CB for the last 12 months . Lost out on zouma last season. And we were after Gabriel who even had a medical but chose Arsenal. The 2 injuries have now made it a priority

Three trains of thought here;

1: Weve elected to go with Holgate, Mina, Keane and Branthwaite. Which means that if Holgate is out we have no pace and need to sit deep.

2: Weve decided to leave defence to next summer and spend on midfield (this makes no sense if FFP is combined this + next year).

3: Weve been after centre backs but Brands is pushing it to the wire with offers sitting on other DOFs desks. Same as when we signed Mina.

You mean U20? Your BFF Todibo has never been called up to the French U21 squad.

Or are you now wanting us to sign Amian or Upamecano or Kamara or Konate? All of whom are vastly better than Todibo.

u21 means under twenty one years old. I wasnt talking about internationals.

Not sure why Todibo would be my "bff" i dont think hes ready to make a consistent impact in the premier league. He would be another Moise Kean type project for a season or two.

The only three players i really wanted us to sign this summer before the window opened were Gabriel, Emerson and Tonali.

I am not particularly opinionated on centre backs other than a french left sided one with pace may be good as they will be playing alongside Digne/Nkounkou.

The young french centre backs at the moment are exciting...could benefit us to have one a similar age to Nkounkou come in.

I was bored.

Heres a list of French Under 21 CBs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jules_Koundé Just signed for City?????????????????????????
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evan_N'Dicka GET DICKA IN

Kounde linked to Arsenal i think
Badiashile linked to all the top sides
NDicka has a ligament injury
Diakite is yet another toulouse player

Badiashile and N'Dicka are excellent names.

Badiashile is the one to go for. Left footed and basically has everything.

If we got him id be in shock.

Anyone see Lamptey at Brighton, I’d have a big look at him as a future right back here. Looks a player.
Looked very good. Cheeky 25 million bid and we have got another piece of the jigsaw.

They signed him for £4mil in Jan from Chelsea. Theyve turned down leeds bids for their centre back ben white.

This boys value will be really really high.

Centre Half should be our top priority. I didn’t like the look of Mina yesterday. Getting in a top class CB would make us a top 4 team. Prof Ancelotti just needs to Give that Koulibaly a ring.

ive never been convinced about mina, he’s still young but looks very slow and not very mobile and we seem to get caught out with simple balls over the top a lot when he plays. He may be a monster in a deep defending team and I’m not saying to ship him out just yet, but I am also very nervous with himbeing one of our two main options.
in what paralelo universo?

he is a mile behind Holgate and Keane. And the big kid is going to be way better.

yesterday he managed to send a suicide pass to Pickfoed after 3 minutes, he backed off for 60 metros for the first goal and showed repeated diré decisión making in the first half.

When he has time to think, he is done for.

Funny thing is you could say the exact same thing about Michael Keane. Neither he nor Mina have any pace and cant play together (which has been obvious since day 1).

There has to be a quick player alongside one of them. Mina is 2 years younger than Keane but Keane seems to be a favourite on here as hes English or shy or can only play in a very deep defence...who knows.

The issue is that we now have Keane + Mina + Branthwaite who are all big lads and need to bring in another fast defender to compete with Holgate.

One of Keane + Mina has to go but i guess that will be next summer when we spend funds on defence.

neymar left for that amount because Barca didn’t want to sell and that was his buyout figure

Buyouts legally have to be included in the spanish player contracts. Barca made a mistake not increasing it as the market rose.

Im pretty confused at what point youre trying to make here as that just shows the buyout as the mjnimum fee and not what barca wanted to sell at. Neymar went for X amount years ago and Mbappe went for Y amount 2 years ago...the market has increased since then and both have changed as players.

You asked me what teams Richarljson would get into, its the top 3 spanish sides. He'd have to be valued at £120-150mil because of the players hes pushing out.

We may value him at more / less.

They signed him for £4mil in Jan from Chelsea. Theyve turned down leeds bids for their centre back ben white.

This boys value will be really really high.

Funny thing is you could say the exact same thing about Michael Keane. Neither he nor Mina have any pace and cant play together (which has been obvious since day 1).

There has to be a quick player alongside one of them. Mina is 2 years younger than Keane but Keane seems to be a favourite on here as hes English or shy or can only play in a very deep defence...who knows.

The issue is that we now have Keane + Mina + Branthwaite who are all big lads and need to bring in another fast defender to compete with Holgate.

One of Keane + Mina has to go but i guess that will be next summer when we spend funds on defence.

Buyouts legally have to be included in the spanish player contracts. Barca made a mistake not increasing it as the market rose.

Im pretty confused at what point youre trying to make here as that just shows the buyout as the mjnimum fee and not what barca wanted to sell at. Neymar went for X amount years ago and Mbappe went for Y amount 2 years ago...the market has increased since then and both have changed as players.

You asked me what teams Richarljson would get into, its the top 3 spanish sides. He'd have to be valued at £120-150mil because of the players hes pushing out.

We may value him at more / less.
Yeah, we rate Keane more cos he's English, that's why we all want Allan dropped for Tom Davies.

Status
Not open for further replies.