Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think some people don’t realise just how bad we were last season. There is a case to put forward, that the quality of players we have brought in, will bring out the best of those around them. However it is also naive to suggest that one fantastic win at spurs somehow makes this squad capable of challenging for the top 6. We still need more quality at centre half, full back and a winger in my opinion to challenge for Europe. We might have to wait until the end of the window to get those reinforcements (when some of the deadwood is cleared out) but seeing the quality Ancelloti has brought to the club with HIS signings, I have every confidence in him recruiting well for the rest of the window. We just have to be patient.

Leicester City won the league after nearly going down.

Small changes can make a big difference in football.

I still think some people don’t realise just how bad we were last season. There is a case to put forward, that the quality of players we have brought in, will bring out the best of those around them. However it is also naive to suggest that one fantastic win at spurs somehow makes this squad capable of challenging for the top 6. We still need more quality at centre half, full back and a winger in my opinion to challenge for Europe. We might have to wait until the end of the window to get those reinforcements (when some of the deadwood is cleared out) but seeing the quality Ancelloti has brought to the club with HIS signings, I have every confidence in him recruiting well for the rest of the window. We just have to be patient.
Indeed...we are not going to solve all our problems in one window. Would love to challenge for Top 6 but being realistic, our dead wood will probably not be all sold by the finish of this window which may make it more difficult to buy squad players that can come in and play well if any of our 1st team are injured.
On the right track imo, but if people are expecting miracles for this season then reality bites!

(Calling all the Heroes!!)
;)

Hold on haha those replacements there aren’t even that bad.

James get injured it’s Theo Walcott.

The same Theo Walcott who’s probably one of our worst signings in the last 10 years.
They're all massive step downs just like James to Walcott would be, That's the point.
Every team has this problem we can't just have 11 quality backs up incase x y z gets injured.

Origi > Theo Walcott

One scored goals when it matters the other is 31 years of age who hides away from any sort of responsibility
It's literally splitting hairs. They both aren't good.

Walcott scored goals that mattered when he played in a team that played games that mattered so that isn't a meaningful thing to me.

Hold on haha those replacements there aren’t even that bad.

James get injured it’s Theo Walcott.

The same Theo Walcott who’s probably one of our worst signings in the last 10 years.

Was gonna say that tbf

Origi who scores them trophy winning goals

French international CF Lacazette & £70 millions man Pepe

Perez and inchacho who are streets ahead of Kean & Tosun.

100% agree on the first part mate and hope you’re right on the second part.
Many said on here that Ancelloti should be fully judged when he brings in the players he wants. We saw three players introduced last week, with less then a weeks training with their teammates and all 3 players were the best players on the pitch. I have EVERY confidence he will bring in the right players we need. He has assessed the squad carefully since he’s been here, he knows exactly what we need and now he’s acting upon it.

progression is when first teamers get replaced and step down to the bench. Can’t do it all without selling first.
Problem is i reckon we may just have to be patient and wait for a lot of these guys contracts to just expire unless we are willing to accept very low fees for them otherwise i just don't see other clubs coming in for a lot of them, they just ain't good enough at the end of the day.

They're all massive step downs just like James to Walcott would be, That's the point.
Every team has this problem we can't just have 11 quality backs up incase x y z gets injured.

Ok mate let’s look at this on a slightly wider option.

RW LW

How many of our squad are adequate cover it James or Richarlison get injured?

Status
Not open for further replies.