Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
We haven’t got the funds to build a full quality squad yet. Stop being greedy; we’re making the right steps.
What?

Hold on we suddenly aren’t going to win the euro millions are we?

As it stands injuries to any key players = vastly under qualified understudy taking over.

Can you honestly think Tom Davies or Theo Walcott can step in and perform to a high level?

I still think some people don’t realise just how bad we were last season. There is a case to put forward, that the quality of players we have brought in, will bring out the best of those around them. However it is also naive to suggest that one fantastic win at spurs somehow makes this squad capable of challenging for the top 6. We still need more quality at centre half, full back and a winger in my opinion to challenge for Europe. We might have to wait until the end of the window to get those reinforcements (when some of the deadwood is cleared out) but seeing the quality Ancelloti has brought to the club with HIS signings, I have every confidence in him recruiting well for the rest of the window. We just have to be patient.

I still think some people don’t realise just how bad we were last season. There is a case to put forward, that the quality of players we have brought in, will bring out the best of those around them. However it is also naive to suggest that one fantastic win at spurs somehow makes this squad capable of challenging for the top 6. We still need more quality at centre half, full back and a winger in my opinion to challenge for Europe. We might have to wait until the end of the window to get those reinforcements (when some of the deadwood is cleared out) but seeing the quality Ancelloti has brought to the club with HIS signings, I have every confidence in him recruiting well for the rest of the window. We just have to be patient.

100% agree on the first part mate and hope you’re right on the second part.

And if Gomes gets one of his usual niggles it means Siggurdsson or Davies in the midfield.

We are still 3-4 players short its not like we are Liverpool/Wolves who never get injuries and can field the same 11 most of the season.

We have 2x CB's out after just one game.
if Salah breaks his leg Origi is his replacement.
if Auba gets injured its Lacazette or Pepe.
if Vardy gets injured its Iheancho or Perez.
Every club has this problem apart from City, we've managed to sign 3 genuine quality players while getting rid of nobody, We're probably pushing the limits as it is.

Seen plenty getting carried away.

Some can’t see what’s in front of them or like to ignore it.

Loads saying stick James in the midfield sound would work he did it for Bayern and then realise if James didn’t play LW we would most likely play Theo Walcott.

We’ve got a LONG way to go yet.
It's kind of funny to me that people are cool with Gomes playing every game but not Walcott when they're both the same level of average.

Every club has this problem apart from City, we've managed to sign 3 genuine quality players while getting rid of nobody, We're probably pushing the limits as it is.

Those 3 players you listed never get injured

Gomes does.

Poor argument.

Gomes is also our 8th (?) best player so it is less meaningful

Hold on haha those replacements there aren’t even that bad.

James get injured it’s Theo Walcott.

The same Theo Walcott who’s probably one of our worst signings in the last 10 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.