Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we could, then id move all 14 players on. They arent good enough.

We then have;

GK: Pickford / Virginia / Tyrer
RB: ??? / Coleman
RCB: Keane / Mina
LCB: ??? Holgate / Branthwaite
LB: Digne / Nkounkou
DM: Allan / Gbamin
CM: Doucoure / Davies
CM: ??? / Gomes
LF: Richarlison / Gordon
CF: DCL / Kean
RF: James / ???

14 out and 4 players in. No doubt we wont be able to shift all of them but a mega sale wouldnt negatively affect us with an astute 4 signings / loans.

If we want to play James centrally

With Zaha would need to play something like this;

Richarlison James Zaha
DCL​

I think that Richarlison is either best up top or on the left in this system, so lets say we go;

??? James Richarlison
DCL​

Top target: Chiesa (Fiorentina) 22, 2 years left on deal
2nd Target: Sarr (Watford) 22, 4 years on deal
3rd Target: Bailey (Leverkusen) 23, 3 years on deal

Id also look at Brooks as a different type of player but someone who can play so were not always reliant on James.

If we want to keep James on the right

The most obvious thing to do is sign Emerson at right back to overlap with James.

The second option would be to sign Bruno Guimaraes so we have rotation options across centre midfield. Allan/Doucoure/Guimaraes is a very competitive trio with Gomes in/out as well.

Wildcard option would be to sign Riqui Puig from Barca on loan.

For me the Zaha option would come in below all those options and probably one or two more.

I would throw in a bid for Zaha on Friday though...an amount under what they would accept to unsettle him :p

The left side looks fantastic. Digne/Nkounkou + Richarlison/Gordon.

Comparing the profiles, quality and ages of the players with Coleman/Kenny + James/Iwobi theres a stark contrast.

If not this window then i think next summer there will be changes there.

Gordon is ideal to rotate with Richarlison. Ive got high hopes for him and expect him and Nkounkou to tear up Fleetwood.
I await with glorious anticipation the day zat creates a post with 10 or less words lol

I don’t think there is any chance whatsoever that we get Zaha. If he wanted a big move he was stupid to sign a long term contract, he should have known they would price everyone out. However I genuinely would put a £40m bid in this week. It might turn his head and disrupt his performance for the game, especially when they knock it back and say he won’t be sold
And then at 5 pm on Sat Brands tells Palace
Sorry lads I was just taking the piss

It is worth noting that he won the Golden Boot at the world cup, playing behind the front two in the 10 role, so clearly excells in that position.

There is probably the same chance of Richy playing all season up top in a front two as there is of Rodrigez being stuck in one position. Difficult to predict given that Carlo likes tactics in the game and also not knowing if anyone else is coming in, IMO.
With 1 up front it means DCL spends more time in the box
DCL has said that is where Carlo wants him and so far its paying off
Carlo will play the system that suits the players he has
If you have a choice of James or ZAHA you pick James and play the system that suits

Status
Not open for further replies.