2020/21 Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.

I do wish we had Holgate for that first goal, but our defenders shouldn’t be left for dead like that either. We were a little too balls to the wall early in the game and they caught us on the counter. Spurs could have had us a few times as well. We have to be a bit better for those counters.

Tough thing for Mina is the communication. Aside from his size and ability to score on dead balls, it's his leadership that's made him so crucial for the Colombian NT and his prior clubs in Latam.

The Colombian NT is a different side when he's not in it and given the language barrier I don't know that he brings that for Everton yet, but I think he is probably a great influence on James and hopefully over time will develop that more.

You could see the communication was missing today, he didn't know he had cover and could be more aggressive on the first goal... Needs to get better there.

I bet he also confused the **** out of Pickford too in that first goal! TRex would've held back thinking that he'd do something...anything.

School boy defending from Mina yesterday.

Backing off when a man is running at him and then turning side on to make sure the shot didn't hit him.

Should have advanced and made sure that he either took the ball or the man.

More of the same for the 2nd goal. Wasn't prepared to get hit in the face from the free kick.

Such a shame that Holgate is out but right now Mina ( and Pickford ) is the weak link in the defence and a replacement must be found.

Im a massive fan of him, and think he is out best defender. But he was poor yesterday, needs to take more control, and concentrate more.

his worst game for us.

it happens.

Im a massive fan of him, and think he is out best defender. But he was poor yesterday, needs to take more control, and concentrate more.

his worst game for us.

it happens.

He's nowhere near our best defender imo mate.

Keane and you could argue Holgate have progressed these last months whilst Mina has stagnated.

Status
Not open for further replies.