2020/21 Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's nowhere near our best defender imo mate.

Keane and you could argue Holgate have progressed these last months whilst Mina has stagnated.

People are so reactive. Keane has been crap for about 2 years...starts to look better with 10 men behind the ball and all of a sudden he is prime maldini.

holgate had a few months good form and is prime nesta.

the ONLY issue with mina has been the picking up of little injuries that disrupts his run of games.

he is a level above keane in every part of his game, and we dont really know of holgate yet....he need to play well for longer...snd he seems to pick up injuries too.

his worst game for us yesterday.
It happens

People are so reactive. Keane has been crap for about 2 years...starts to look better with 10 men behind the ball and all of a sudden he is prime maldini.

holgate had a few months good form and is prime nesta.

the ONLY issue with mina has been the picking up of little injuries that disrupts his run of games.

he is a level above keane in every part of his game, and we dont really know of holgate yet....he need to play well for longer...snd he seems to pick up injuries too.

his worst game for us yesterday.
It happens

For me thats Mina - soon as we play open he's out of position and done for pace.

Keane whilst similiar seems to have developed better positioning to compensate more for his lack of pace.

I'll let Carlo be the judge as once Holgate is back or we sign a new CB Mina will be back on the bench and there is a reason for that imo.

For me thats Mina - soon as we play open he's out of position and done for pace.

Keane whilst similiar seems to have developed better positioning to compensate more for his lack of pace.

I'll let Carlo be the judge as once Holgate is back or we sign a new CB Mina will be back on the bench and there is a reason for that imo.

mina is good on the ball, and is perfect for the way we will play. Regardless of his size, he is a footballing defender, and Thats the issue, people expect him to be a complete bruiser.

Keane has just played more games, and I think more games for mina and we will see he is clear head and shoulder above keane.

keane was not great yesterday either!!

we may need 2 centre backs.

Not only did he back off too much for their first, he actually jumped out of the way of the shot, just weird defending. I do like Yerry though.

I think he didn't want to deflect it and expected, if he is shooting from there, then Jordan will save it. But Pickford's positioning and reaction time was dreadful too. It was just a really amateurish, poor goal to concede.

I think he didn't want to deflect it and expected, if he is shooting from there, then Jordan will save it. But Pickford's positioning and reaction time was dreadful too. It was just a really amateurish, poor goal to concede.
yeah bad defending, on what planet do you move out of the way of the shot, body on the line defending is what wins stuff

These Colombians have a lot to answer for with that Mina performance. It’s all well and good signing up when James is running a muc. But what was that about. Backing off and ducking. Needs to either be brave or give a toss. I reckon it’s the latter as he seemed to be smiling.

We cant replace everyone overnight. Midfield last season. Problem. Addressed.
Defence last season and yest. Problem. To be addressed imo. There is work to be done there.
If this is genuinely the start of something i cant see any of them surviving. That spine at the back has to be stronger. This is their chance to grab it and I dont think ancelloti will piss around with them to long if they dont. His outstretched arms on that first goal said it all. Wtf was that.

We cant replace everyone overnight. Midfield last season. Problem. Addressed.
Defence last season and yest. Problem. To be addressed imo. There is work to be done there.
If this is genuinely the start of something i cant see any of them surviving. That spine at the back has to be stronger. This is their chance to grab it and I dont think ancelloti will piss around with them to long if they dont. His outstretched arms on that first goal said it all. Wtf was that.

Exactly this. I doubt anyone doesn't think we could do with an upgrade to both our current CBs (and RB)... but our issue was CM and that's been addressed for tis season.

I do not think we would get a CF (if we wanted one) until most of the deadwood is gone and until Moise Kean can show if he's up to it or not, same story with JJK and a new RB if JJK doesn't step up quickly... and I think we'll get a loaner in for the CB pos because double injury aside, thats a competent set of players we have there largely. GK upgrade depends on demand for TRex & whats out there at the time.

We need a Wide midfielder (hopefully one that can play both flanks comfortable but predominantly on the right), Walcott isn't up for it, Bloasie isn't going to get the opportunity to show that he's not good enough for us... Gordon will develop nicely playing from the bench, on rotation and in the cups.

Status
Not open for further replies.