2020/21 Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.

He couldnt go to Diangana as if he did he'd have been done for pace if he missed the ball.

He may have been told not to jump in the wall by Pickford or Ancelotti.

Cant play Keane and Mina together unless sitting super deep...weve known that for a while.

Not arguing on the diang goal, but once he gets to our box he has to engage and not keep backing off - he also turned his back/side to the ball, and looked scared of getting hit, which is criminal for me if you're a big centre half - let it smash you square in the chops/plums/anywhere - it's your job to block.

Same in the wall, and watch Yerry's face - he looks scared of the ball hitting him, which is a joke.

Anyway, if Pickford told me not to jump I'd do the opposite!

Not arguing on the diang goal, but once he gets to our box he has to engage and not keep backing off - he also turned his back/side to the ball, and looked scared of getting hit, which is criminal for me if you're a big centre half - let it smash you square in the chops/plums/anywhere - it's your job to block.

Same in the wall, and watch Yerry's face - he looks scared of the ball hitting him, which is a joke.

Anyway, if Pickford told me not to jump I'd do the opposite!

I posted this in the match thread

I think Mina had 2 options;

A: Back off and then usher him wide

B: Go to the man. If he did that he'd have had to take him out. Otherwise the player would have just bombed past him.

This is why we cant have Keane + Mina playing a high line. No recovery pace.

Hopefully we bring in Tomori

Think he's a powerhouse alright defensive/ in air
but always feel really uncomfortable when he's on the ball/passing.

Had a bit of a mare today. Unlike him as he’s usually reliable.
Just seen the highlights. Unbelievably poor judgement by the man in letting the kid run that far for the first goal. He must have seen team mates in a position to sweep up if he messed up any tackle.
I like the lad and I'm sure he's popular in the squad but hes fast becoming a liability.

Status
Not open for further replies.