2020/21 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screenshot_20200919-220211.jpg

You wanted to sign Callum Wilson about 3 weeks ago...

I wouldn't mind Wilson as a squad CF same way as I've said on here I havent a problem with DCL as one.

My gripe with DCL is so far at Everton he hasn't shown the numbers / clinical with the ball at his feet to be a guaranteed no1 striker as Lukaku was.

I've said countless times if he can get around 15 again this season then he'll have changed my opinion of him - whereas that purple patch last season followed by 10 poor games & no goals was never going to convince me he had rapidly turned into Aguero.

He's done well these last two games and I've said as much - but like others such as Coleman & Pickford he's got to keep doing it in my eyes before I start claiming I was wrong on them based on a few goals or good saves.

What could be there that would make me look wrong?

He's scored a hat-trick today and good luck to him. But he's been given every opportunity to come good - more opportunity than I can ever remeber being handed to any Everton forward.

He could easily have been shifted out of the club by now under other managers.

Your assessment is way off.
He has literally been the legs of the team for a number of seasons. Now we have Allan and Dacoure, he can spend more time looking at the goal rather looking for opposition with the ball, it's no surprise he is now getting into more positions to score he actually does.

"He's always on me for my finishing"

Glad to see Carlo can see players weaknesses and strive for them to improve on it.

Great performance today albeit a championship level defence.

Palace will be a true test for him - 2 utter yard dogs at the back that Woy will have winning headers for fun - if he can bang against them then im convinced he could be turning a corner.

Bullied the biggest yard dog going in Eric Dier last week.

I wouldn't mind Wilson as a squad CF same way as I've said on here I havent a problem with DCL as one.

My gripe with DCL is so far at Everton he hasn't shown the numbers / clinical with the ball at his feet to be a guaranteed no1 striker as Lukaku was.

I've said countless times if he can get around 15 again this season then he'll have changed my opinion of him - whereas that purple patch last season followed by 10 poor games & no goals was never going to convince me he had rapidly turned into Aguero.

He's done well these last two games and I've said as much - but like others such as Coleman & Pickford he's got to keep doing it in my eyes before I start claiming I was wrong on them based on a few goals or good saves.

I think this is all fair and well-balanced. Sorry to see you have been the victim of a sustained middle finger campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.