2020/21 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disagree, but scores the same goal tally last season as our midfield was woeful - they make a great pairing upfront together -
....surely they both put a shift in for the cause.

DCL can get in the habit of scoring those ugly goals, he’s got the physicality to steal a yard and compete with defenders.
I'm not kncoking his effort or his recent upturn in form.

I'm just now having it that I or anyone else should be wearing sackcloth and ashes for ever doubting a player who has largely underwhelmed here while getting masses of first team game time.

He's scored 4 in the first 2 games. Great. Let's see consistency throughout the season, and if he does then he'll get great credit. Until then...

There's no body of evidence he'll replace Lukaku...which is what we require.

In his 3 years in the first team he's been largely underwhelming. Most would agree with that.
Dave, with all due respect most strikers, even a goal machine alas Lukaku would have been frustrated with lack of service.
The management have recognised this, hence 3 new midfielders. Dominic is now reaping the rewards.

There's going to be a lot of people with egg on their faces over this lad, he's blossoming into an all round player and it's great to see.

The only thing that really matters is that he is improving every year.
Well, it's taken him a while to get to anything resembling a top forward.

I still cringe when I remember him a season or so back ducking out of an inch perfect cross from Richarlison because he feared the GK would take him out.

Dave, with all due respect most strikers, even a goal machine alas Lukaku would have been frustrated with lack of service.
The management have recognised this, hence 3 new midfielders. Dominic is now reaping the rewards.

Lukaku got plenty of service. His most prolific seasons for us he rarely made a goal for himself. Not having it that the lunk was some sort of service-starved lone wolf

I'm not complaining. I'm responding to others who believe I should offer an apology where none is required of me.

Be a man and just say previous judgement was wrong.

I have. He isn't perfect but he's a hell of a lot better than first imagined.

I'm not kncoking his effort or his recent upturn in form.

I'm just now having it that I or anyone else should be wearing sackcloth and ashes for ever doubting a player who has largely underwhelmed here while getting masses of first team game time.

He's scored 4 in the first 2 games. Great. Let's see consistency throughout the season, and if he does then he'll get great credit. Until then...
Just totally ignoring his goals last season like.

Status
Not open for further replies.