2020/21 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s a great point. I think its a brilliant story that we stuck by him and developed him over a long period. Roy of the Rovers/Karate Kid stuff

Everything's hyper-focused on goals/results...I get it, but there's something to be said for backing away from that a bit and trying to pay some attention to the wider story. Gets easier as you get older and have 1k+ matches under your belt...

What could be there that would make me look wrong?

He's scored a hat-trick today and good luck to him. But he's been given every opportunity to come good - more opportunity than I can ever remeber being handed to any Everton forward.

He could easily have been shifted out of the club by now under other managers.
Mad the way Carlo ancelotti is starting him every week. Mad.

What could be there that would make me look wrong?

He's scored a hat-trick today and good luck to him. But he's been given every opportunity to come good - more opportunity than I can ever remeber being handed to any Everton forward.

He could easily have been shifted out of the club by now under other managers.

Consistent progress from a young signing. You hate to see it, Clive.

Another poster who has gone in hiding on DCL .......

You seem to be goading a lot of posters here today Joey, just for having a different opinion on DCL and suggesting caution.

Strange. What are your views on Michael Keane by the way?

Well, it's taken him a while to get to anything resembling a top forward.

I still cringe when I remember him a season or so back ducking out of an inch perfect cross from Richarlison because he feared the GK would take him out.

The past doesn't matter though. All that matters is what is happening now, and right now he looks a threat.

I have never rated Michael Keane, thought he looked weak and cumbersome, but I would be daft to say he has not been quality the past 6-7 months.

Things change, especially with younger players. Enjoy it whilst it happens instead of looking negatively to what happened in the past or could happen in the future.

You seem to be goading a lot of posters here today Joey, just for having a different opinion on DCL and suggesting caution.

Strange. What are your views on Michael Keane by the way?
I'm on here nearly every match week this on this thread on match day even last season when the moaners were at him - keep up will you.....

Status
Not open for further replies.