2020/21 Niels Nkounkou

Status
Not open for further replies.
He played that game last night as if it meant something to him
Gordon and Bernard were the only other 2 who looked as though it meant something

Controversial though it is, I actually thought Kean did too, but it means too much to him. He's trying to do too much, rather than doing simple things. Compare how he snatched at the first header, compatre to the 2nd one, after he'd scored and how he relaxed. One was an excellent attempt, the other a bad miss.

In general, I'm not actually sure it's a case of not trying for most of them. I think it's a case of severe and cumalative mental block. We visibly relaxed when the 2nd went in. Similar the week before against Preston. We realise we can't mess it up, and they start relaxing and expressing themselves a bit.

Unfortunately, this is also mental weakness.You need to be stronger than that mentally, and really want to go and impose yourself on the game. I think for a lot of them, particularly at Everton there is just too much water under the bridge to allow them to do that.

This guy along with Gordon were excellent last night, he reminded me of a young Shamus Coleman only at left back - lesser opposition to contend with though, but compare that to Walcott who was running in treacle all night .......
Very promising performance from him ........

Lad looks really promising and will get stronger and better. A true stylish left footer. Hope we can hold on to him in the years to come.

Can see this lad being moulded into a left midfielder as he sure knows how to beat a man and put a cross in.
It's a different game from FB though, you're not always facing forward like you are at fb,you need to make different runs and read the game differently, not all wingers can play FB and vice versa

Status
Not open for further replies.