2020/21 Niels Nkounkou

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it’s probably excitement , it’s rare we get a 19 year old appear at our club where nobody knew anything about him and have him make such an obvious impact all be it in friendlies and against a lower division club. Our expectations range from the not unreasonable that in a years time we’ll have someone pushing for Digne’s spot, to the unreasonable that by Christmas he’ll have established himself in the 1st team . Exciting! And as G. B Shaw said “ All progress depends on the unreasonable man” !

Ancelotti literally dropped him in at CB against Salford + played and kept Nkounkou at LB.

Not really sure where youre going with this.

Im excited to see him + Gordon in the next cup round.

We need Europe next season so they get alot more games.

mths key word in that is SALFORD. Could literally have played davies there and we would be expected to win

I think I agree that Moise Kean is trying but it's just not coming off for him - he's either over stressed, or just not getting the balance of confidence, calm, intensity whatever it is, right. He may also be trying too hard to impress ancelotti or think this is a huge chance (especially compared to Silva, it must be exciting and nerve-racking playing for him, and some players might adapt differently)

Unless we have a really good striker or wide attacker lined up, i wouldn't sell yet. And also why not play him as back up to the wide attacking positions, so if we drop or rest DCL we put Richarlison in the middle and Kean, Rodriguez around him?
It's hard in this Carabao Cup team now to be playing around crap midfielders but hopefully they'll develop good partnerships with Gordon, Nkounkou, and any otherof the reserves who are playing better in the future.

Yes all very fair.

I wouldn't sell him either, but if he;s home sick and if a goot offer comes in it probably becomes more challenging. I sense a big part of him wants to go home, just a gut feeling. It's not easy for anyone.

Ancelotti literally dropped him in at CB against Salford + played and kept Nkounkou at LB.

Not really sure where youre going with this.

Im excited to see him + Gordon in the next cup round.

We need Europe next season so they get alot more games.

In fairness though mate, he played him in as we had no other options. I think Digne in a 3 might work but I don't see him doing that in a back 2 very often if he has an alternative.

The CB shouts completely baffle me.
Especially for a teenager whose only just joined the club. He doing absolutely fine at LB learning his trade - leave him there. I think it is two things, our desperation at centre half and secondly to get a talented youngster on the pitch, even if it is at the expense of his favoured position. Carlo knows what he’s doing.

In fairness though mate, he played him in as we had no other options. I think Digne in a 3 might work but I don't see him doing that in a back 2 very often if he has an alternative.

Sure, the post before that I said "in an emergency".

I think Digne and Coleman could fill in at centre back if we lost Keane/Mina.

Hopefully Nkounkou is brilliant again against fleetwood...he and gordon have to keep those performances up in the cup so we can save Richarlison and Digne.

Status
Not open for further replies.