2020/21 Niels Nkounkou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Controversial though it is, I actually thought Kean did too, but it means too much to him. He's trying to do too much, rather than doing simple things. Compare how he snatched at the first header, compatre to the 2nd one, after he'd scored and how he relaxed. One was an excellent attempt, the other a bad miss.

In general, I'm not actually sure it's a case of not trying for most of them. I think it's a case of severe and cumalative mental block. We visibly relaxed when the 2nd went in. Similar the week before against Preston. We realise we can't mess it up, and they start relaxing and expressing themselves a bit.

Unfortunately, this is also mental weakness.You need to be stronger than that mentally, and really want to go and impose yourself on the game. I think for a lot of them, particularly at Everton there is just too much water under the bridge to allow them to do that.
Exactly what I said. He just needs to relax, easier said than done I know.

Can see this lad being moulded into a leighton baines as he sure knows how to beat a man and put a cross in.

Fixed that for you, I wonder if it's just a coincedence we bring on Leighton as a coach around the same time we bring in this talented individual who plays the same position Leighton did

Perfect timing though, hopefully Niels will learn a lot from Leighton and maybe be even better than Leighton was

....I doubt Leighton is a LB coach, according to Ancelotti he’s a ‘thinker about the game’ so I imagine he’ll be mentoring individuals regardless of position. Nkounkou looks a totally different player to Baines, he’s athleticism, pace and power were as Baines was all about touch and deftness.

....I doubt Leighton is a LB coach, according to Ancelotti he’s a ‘thinker about the game’ so I imagine he’ll be mentoring individuals regardless of position. Nkounkou looks a totally different player to Baines, he’s athleticism, pace and power were as Baines was all about touch and deftness.

Hopefully he can develop into our own version of Alphonso Davies at Bayern. He was a raw, unknown who has just exploded onto the scene thanks to similar attributes last season.

Nkounkou does seem to have a trickyness about him when cornered though , he often does a flick or turn with the ball to create space . Maybe youthfull confidence hope he doesn’t lose it .

Nkounkou does seem to have a trickyness about him when cornered though , he often does a flick or turn with the ball to create space . Maybe youthfull confidence hope he doesn’t lose it .

Don’t think he’ll lose that. He comes from the Parisian suburbs and the kids growing up there play a lot of cage football. It’s instinctive for them to do things like that just how you expect Brazilians to have flair.

digne is not a cb in any way shape or form. Not strong enough in the air , not strong enough physically, not quick enough ... he’s a lb playing him at cb cannot be an option

Ancelotti literally dropped him in at CB against Salford + played and kept Nkounkou at LB.

Not really sure where youre going with this.

Im excited to see him + Gordon in the next cup round.

We need Europe next season so they get alot more games.

Poor David will be having a meltdown.

Controversial though it is, I actually thought Kean did too, but it means too much to him. He's trying to do too much, rather than doing simple things. Compare how he snatched at the first header, compatre to the 2nd one, after he'd scored and how he relaxed. One was an excellent attempt, the other a bad miss.

In general, I'm not actually sure it's a case of not trying for most of them. I think it's a case of severe and cumalative mental block. We visibly relaxed when the 2nd went in. Similar the week before against Preston. We realise we can't mess it up, and they start relaxing and expressing themselves a bit.

Unfortunately, this is also mental weakness.You need to be stronger than that mentally, and really want to go and impose yourself on the game. I think for a lot of them, particularly at Everton there is just too much water under the bridge to allow them to do that.

I think I agree that Moise Kean is trying but it's just not coming off for him - he's either over stressed, or just not getting the balance of confidence, calm, intensity whatever it is, right. He may also be trying too hard to impress ancelotti or think this is a huge chance (especially compared to Silva, it must be exciting and nerve-racking playing for him, and some players might adapt differently)

Unless we have a really good striker or wide attacker lined up, i wouldn't sell yet. And also why not play him as back up to the wide attacking positions, so if we drop or rest DCL we put Richarlison in the middle and Kean, Rodriguez around him?
It's hard in this Carabao Cup team now to be playing around crap midfielders but hopefully they'll develop good partnerships with Gordon, Nkounkou, and any otherof the reserves who are playing better in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.