2020/21 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the manager would not be upset if he stays but if a bid comes in which is around what we paid for him then he could be sold. We need to raise funds and he is a player that is saleable.

However, I think we also need to realise that a lot of players who underperformed last season could do very well in this new team this season.

In particular I think Bernard could be a totally different player when getting a plentiful supply of good ball and not have to concentrate as much on defence... I wobi may be another.

Cloud cuckoo land if you think we will get anywhere near what we paid for him.
The iwobi fee to here was an EVERTON thing.

You do realise they were not geek stats? Did you see doucoure sun? Proper challenges. Busting a gut to go past players.
I dont even get what the debate is. 8 weeks ago we went to spurs. He was part of that woeful midfield. He was so poor he was taken off at half time.
8 weeks later we go there with a couple of hungry committed midfielders who want to compete.
But as i say. He wont be getting any game time because he doesnt compete.
Not much more to say.

Absolutely fascinated to know why you saying he never went past a player isn't 'geek stats' and me saying 'actually he did' is 'geek stats'

Is something just not 'geek stats' if you say it? I do wear glasses tbf.

Also why are you comparing Doucouré and Iwobi lmao

Shame, he started so brightly last season. Absolutely changed that Villa game when he came on, then looked good in his next few appearances then nothing. Really want it to work out for him but I'd absolutely take £20m and cut a 5m or so loss.

Absolutely fascinated to know why you saying he never went past a player isn't 'geek stats' and me saying 'actually he did' is 'geek stats'

Is something just not 'geek stats' if you say it? I do wear glasses tbf.

Also why are you comparing Doucouré and Iwobi lmao

Wow. Are seriously not reading the meaning of the comment that he never went past anyone. Are you that square? Some of the greatest writers in history leave it to the reader to use their mind.
Doucoure played in midfield sunday. Played well. Competed. We won.
Iwobi played in midfield 8 weeks ago. He stank. We lost.
Its not rocket science.
But im starting to love your dedication of this awful player. You've got balls trying to convince people he's good.
If im ever up in court i may ask you to be my defence lawyer.

Cloud cuckoo land if you think we will get anywhere near what we paid for him.
The iwobi fee to here was an EVERTON thing.
I don't agree, he is young and regarded by many as a good player and one that can still get better.

I think we need to get away from assessing our players based on their performance last season. Just about everybody was poor all the time.

If you were to base the value of our players based on the performance last week they would all cost a fortune.
When buying a player a manager has a picture in his mind of what he wants the player to do for him and he believes he can get the best out of the player.

I don't agree, he is young and regarded by many as a good player and one that can still get better.

I think we need to get away from assessing our players based on their performance last season. Just about everybody was poor all the time.

If you were to base the value of our players based on the performance last week they would all cost a fortune.
When buying a player a manager has a picture in his mind of what he wants the player to do for him and he believes he can get the best out of the player.

Take away Everton and he was a 15m player for anyone else.( my own personal value is 10p) absolute tops. Im being generous there aswell. After the season he has had and the seasons previous with arsenal his value now is 8-10m.
I base this on people actualy watching him play.
It was an Everton Fee. Just like bolasi for 28m. Just like sigurdsson for 50m. The list goes on.
We're not getting anywhere near what we paid for iwobi.

Wow. Are seriously not reading the meaning of the comment that he never went past anyone. Are you that square? Some of the greatest writers in history leave it to the reader to use their mind.
Doucoure played in midfield sunday. Played well. Competed. We won.
Iwobi played in midfield 8 weeks ago. He stank. We lost.
Its not rocket science.
But im starting to love your dedication of this awful player. You've got balls trying to convince people he's good.
If im ever up in court i may ask you to be my defence lawyer.

Ahhh okay, so when you turn out to be wrong it's just that when you said the very specific thing you said, that's not actually what you meant at all. I just think maybe that's indicative of maybe it not being a great position to analyse a player from.

Anyway, no hard feelings haha. I just think he gets massively unfair stick from a lot of the fanbase. The vaults will decide!

As crap as he’s been I wouldn’t mind seeing him as the most advanced midfielder in a 3 - he might be one of those whose play steps up when surrounded with better players.

Ahhh okay, so when you turn out to be wrong it's just that when you said the very specific thing you said, that's not actually what you meant at all. I just think maybe that's indicative of maybe it not being a great position to analyse a player from.

Anyway, no hard feelings haha. I just think he gets massively unfair stick from a lot of the fanbase. The vaults will decide!

I dont. I think its fully justified. He's a fraud.
And fair enough. Maybe pick up on the sarcasm. Awful forum if everything is that square.

Status
Not open for further replies.