2020/21 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
The report I read said we want our money back £30 million. He hasn't performed for us so we all think sound £10-15 million. But he is an international young player so if like to think £20-25 million. Not ITK or anything like that. But he is a London lad so we could use him as swap money towards Zaha or Sarr at Watford. I know he has only been here a year but he hasn't performed and if we could get decent money for him I would take it

Yeah I'd be surprised if we received lower than 20/22m for him. He's certainly worth more than 10-15m.

Im hoping he still comes good personally.

Yeah I'd be surprised if we received lower than 20/22m for him. He's certainly worth more than 10-15m.

Im hoping he still comes good personally.
Same for me he did play ok first few games but then was pushed onto the wing and really seemed to struggle. Maybe another year and he will improve.
But I do think he is one of our saleable assets and if we could include him in a swap deal as I have said for someone like Zaha or a speed merchant like Sarr if jump at that. Just would love a tricky speed merchant on the wing. Think he would thrive with this classy midfield we have now

Same for me he did play ok first few games but then was pushed onto the wing and really seemed to struggle. Maybe another year and he will improve.
But I do think he is one of our saleable assets and if we could include him in a swap deal as I have said for someone like Zaha or a speed merchant like Sarr if jump at that. Just would love a tricky speed merchant on the wing. Think he would thrive with this classy midfield we have now

Agree with all of the above mate

I'm of the opposite opinion. If we play a 442 I don't think he's got a chance if getting minutes. But a 433 where he can come in and have a bit more freedom I think suits him a lot more

Only Ancelotti will know, but I'm sure he'd like to shift 1 or 2 from Bernard, Walcott, Gylfi and Iwobi and bring someone fresh in.

I agree he is better suited to 4-3-3 but there is so much competition for back up in the middle 3 and I can't see us shifting either Delph or Sigurdsson so they will be played ahead of him and if we get a genuine RW James will likely join the mix as well. If we play 4-4-2 he might jump up to 2nd choice LW. Either way his chances will be limited.

If we play 4-4-2 there is still a place for him in the squad. If we stick with 4-3-3 he is competing with Sigurdsson to be 6th choice midfielder and as there is no one interested in Sigurdsson I think he will be sold as at least it will be some money back. However I expect to take a big hit on the fee.

How? Much more of a place for him in 4-3-3 than 4-4-2 as we've seen last season.

I don’t think he’d go to Watford, he’d have to take a big pay cut and drop a division. I think he needs to go to a London PL club.

How? Much more of a place for him in 4-3-3 than 4-4-2 as we've seen last season.

I think he could play the furthest forward of midfield 3 role. However Gomes is 1st choice at moment and Sigurdsson likely to be 2nd choice. In a 4-4-2 Gordon might end up as cover for Richarlison as 2nd striker so might free up a role on LW competing with Bernard.

I'm unsure of Iwobi, I'm inclined to keep hold of him just yet, I do believe he is much much better than what he showed last season. I don't think he will want to leave on the back of that season, hopefully he'll want to prove it was just a bad season all round.

I think he could play the furthest forward of midfield 3 role. However Gomes is 1st choice at moment and Sigurdsson likely to be 2nd choice. In a 4-4-2 Gordon might end up as cover for Richarlison as 2nd striker so might free up a role on LW competing with Bernard.

But he's dreadful as a left winger and much better centrally. We have 3 first choice midfielders (Allan, Doucoure, Gomes) and then after that it's anyone's game.

But he's dreadful as a left winger and much better centrally. We have 3 first choice midfielders (Allan, Doucoure, Gomes) and then after that it's anyone's game.

I don’t disagree just can't see him getting a chance in 4-3-3 due to Sigurdsson. I would much prefer Iwobi as back up to Gomes but looking at Sundays squad Ancelotti will use Sigurdsson.

I think the manager would not be upset if he stays but if a bid comes in which is around what we paid for him then he could be sold. We need to raise funds and he is a player that is saleable.

However, I think we also need to realise that a lot of players who underperformed last season could do very well in this new team this season.

In particular I think Bernard could be a totally different player when getting a plentiful supply of good ball and not have to concentrate as much on defence... I wobi may be another.

Status
Not open for further replies.