2020/21 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
What were you citing when saying he hadn't gone past a player once if not your own 'stats'? Difference being they were factually wrong, of course

You do realise they were not geek stats? Did you see doucoure sun? Proper challenges. Busting a gut to go past players.
I dont even get what the debate is. 8 weeks ago we went to spurs. He was part of that woeful midfield. He was so poor he was taken off at half time.
8 weeks later we go there with a couple of hungry committed midfielders who want to compete.
But as i say. He wont be getting any game time because he doesnt compete.
Not much more to say.

You do realise they were not geek stats? Did you see doucoure sun? Proper challenges. Busting a gut to go past players.
I dont even get what the debate is. 8 weeks ago we went to spurs. He was part of that woeful midfield. He was so poor he was taken off at half time.
8 weeks later we go there with a couple of hungry committed midfielders who want to compete.
But as i say. He wont be getting any game time because he doesnt compete.
Not much more to say.
Well said Sir.

If we play 4-4-2 there is still a place for him in the squad. If we stick with 4-3-3 he is competing with Sigurdsson to be 6th choice midfielder and as there is no one interested in Sigurdsson I think he will be sold as at least it will be some money back. However I expect to take a big hit on the fee.

I think when we look back in a couple of years time we will be saying..."oh yeah, Iwobi, remember him, he did nothing while he was here..." Just another journeyman footballer I'm afraid. Should retrun to his comfort zone in London.

I think Carlo would be giving him a chance if he really wanted him. The facts are though that if all the fringe options are fit his preference seems to be Gordon/Walcott, then Bernard then Iwobi. He’s even played Gordon out of position over Iwobi.

If we stick with this 433 or 442 diamond, then James and Richarlison are obviously first choice, probably followed by Gordon and Walcott. Bernard and Iwobi seem to be the players surplus who could raise funds.

If we play 4-4-2 there is still a place for him in the squad. If we stick with 4-3-3 he is competing with Sigurdsson to be 6th choice midfielder and as there is no one interested in Sigurdsson I think he will be sold as at least it will be some money back. However I expect to take a big hit on the fee.
[/

I'm of the opposite opinion. If we play a 442 I don't think he's got a chance if getting minutes. But a 433 where he can come in and have a bit more freedom I think suits him a lot more

Only Ancelotti will know, but I'm sure he'd like to shift 1 or 2 from Bernard, Walcott, Gylfi and Iwobi and bring someone fresh in.

Just out of curiosity, what do you think he’s worth? I think we’d be lucky to get anything above £15m.
The report I read said we want our money back £30 million. He hasn't performed for us so we all think around £10-15 million. But he is an international young player so I'd like to think £20-25 million. Not ITK or anything like that. But he is a London lad so we could use him as swap money towards Zaha or Sarr at Watford. I know he has only been here a year but he hasn't performed and if we could get decent money for him I would take it

Status
Not open for further replies.