Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely mate, and in fairness watching the Spurs documentary he seemed a decent guy (if a tad depressive). You would kind fo hope though, with Mourinho that his pull would be able to shift minds. I do think that was part of the gamble they took. They had a talented older squad who maybe needed a bigger, more successful manager to get a tune out of them. When he couldn't convince Eriksen to stay, I sort of thought it was the beginning of the end for Mourinho really.
If you are a creative player does the present day Mourinho have any "pull" ?

I don't think so.

If I were lucky enough to be a talented , flair player I would not want to play under his management

Last edited:

Saints form improved towards the end of the season when he wasn’t playing. I’ve never seen one game for saints when he’s stood out like Allan did the other day, in his first game!
I know a lot of saints fans. None of which are bothered about him leaving. Considering how average they are that says I lot.

Hojbjerg was supposedly the first player Ancelotti said he wanted to sign after joining. I think writing him off after his debut may be a tad premature. I'd have been happy with all 4 of them here if i'm honest; we don't need Reguilon but I think all 3 of the others would have walked into our side. If we finish above Spurs I think we'll have had a very good season indeed.

I was thinking about that mate, i tink a consideration for the club was a 25 mill older midfilder Vs 15 mill midfilder in their early 20's, i think our interest in PEH was a value/age play, it was a good deal. Whther it as a straight footballing abiolity decision im not so sure. But like you say i wouldnt write him off.

Its only really Regulion i would like myself, im on record as saying we need four full backs as a priority, i wouldnt of went with Doc and i like Doc myself, hes not better then Seamus in my opinion in a four. But hes a better wing back if you are plying a 3 behind, essentially hes a half back, i dont think of him as a full back.

Fair play though all opinions.

I wouldn't underestimate Spurs. Sure they appear to be a somewhat of a downward trajectory but they still have a very decent squad and will add to it.

I would very much take what they have be able to do there over the last few years. The problem for them might be a developing lack of discipline with transfer policy, when you deal with poor decisions by making more poor decisions as we know to our own cost, and Mourinho and patience don't go well together.

In many ways the acid test for them would be their reaction if Mourinho fails, and what road they go down afterwards. To a certain degree at present they have built in a layer of sustainability as a club due to their permanence in the top six, but still only two bad decisions away from that falling under threat.

I can see Spurs signing Bale paying him 250-300k. Kane marching straight up to Levy demanding they same, not getting it and putting in a transfer request
Spot on this - always think back to robson’s middlesborough- ravanelli emerson juninho earning bucket loads more than the rest - can’t imagine is does much for squad harmony when the results aren’t going well

Status
Not open for further replies.