Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
There isn't any Everton transfer news.

When there is we dont talk about Spurs.
Didn't know Lennon had signed for these

https://www.[Publication is blackli...e-they-can-sign-very-fast-player-this-summer/

Didn't know Lennon had signed for these

Neither did I, but that's not really Everton news.

Good luck to them, something rotten at Spurs, they've made a series of poor decisions all the way from sacking Poch forward. Relative success went to their heads.

their issue is the big fee purchases.

When you look at lloris, alderweireld, vertonghan, bale, ali, modric, eriksen, kane none of them came with really large fees. Yet they've bought the likes of soldado, sanchez, lamela, Ndomble, sissoko and lo celso for big big fees and they've been a let down. I think doherty is a good transfer for example.

So who is it we will listen to offers for supposedly: Walcott, Iwobi, Sigurdsson, Kean, Delph, Tosun, Bolasie, Kenny, Besic. Am I missing anyone?

Of those, I think it would be madness to get rid of Kean yet. And even though I haven't been impressed at all, I would be surprised if we got rid of Iwobi having only given him one season.

If (huge if) we managed to sell the rest, surely we wouldn't get more than £45 million tops for the whole lot.

Delph I'm sure we would try and shift after one season because of his wages - and that transfer has been a disaster. Will someone pay him?

Can't see anyone taking Sigurdsson off our hands unfortunately.

We need to get a pacy wide man, an RB who can get up and down and a CB with pace - loans are fine. And if possible, a decent GK to push Pickford. If we can do that we can go far - but can we shift out what's above??
It’s going to be really difficult to shift the majority of players on that list. I guess there are a few players who teams would give a chance to (Sigurdsson, Delph, Bolasie, Iwobi, Bernard, Walcott) but those teams couldn’t afford the wages. Similar with Tosun back to Turkey. The teams that could afford the wages generally already have better players.

Obviously a hangover from several summers of poor recruitment and why I was pleased we got Schneiderlin out early.

Suspect there may be a lot of late loan deals with the others but would be chuffed if we got a few out (Delph maybe) on decent permanent deals.

I did, I was quite shocked when I read that, given how many keepers Arsenal seem to have had makes you wonder why he hasn't established himself if he's that good.

i thought before he'd been there years and never played, but then a load on here were saying he was young and we should get him instead of pickford as a better long term solution and i think i just presumed he was a new keeper who came from their youth ha.

Definitely mate, and in fairness watching the Spurs documentary he seemed a decent guy (if a tad depressive). You would kind fo hope though, with Mourinho that his pull would be able to shift minds. I do think that was part of the gamble they took. They had a talented older squad who maybe needed a bigger, more successful manager to get a tune out of them. When he couldn't convince Eriksen to stay, I sort of thought it was the beginning of the end for Mourinho really.

Really?

There's a lot to beat Mourinho with, this isn't one IMO.

Mourinho rocked up at the end of November - Eriksen was sold a couple of months later in the January window wasn't he? Eriksen had told the club he wasn't renewing his deal and clearly decided he was off long before Mourinho arrived and was counting down his contract.

Eriksen would have to be fickle to decide to leave under Pochettino but stay under Mourinho. Eriksen was there for 8 years - I don't think it made any odds who was manager or what money they offered him - he was off for something new and for that reason to suggest Eriksen leaving was the beginning of the end for Mourinho at Spurs seems odd to me. It was only a couple of month crossover. If anything, Eriksen leaving is on Pochettino for not convincing him to renew, and with little surprise, Pochettino seemed constantly to have an eye on the door.

I think Spurs appointed Mourinho because Pochettino was non committal/always courting Man Utd and made some very shoddy comments after Champions League final which contributed to their hangover the next season and two, Mourinho was available, willing and they desperately need a trophy.

Oh yeah, Everton transfer thread - best get back to that lol

Status
Not open for further replies.