Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
You wouldnt put it past Jose to sneak the league cup or something, but he will do it at a grind, getting in players of Bales profile. Ultmately the natives will get restless there.

I agree, another huge mistake was selling Christen Eriksen and not replacing him, he was the heart beat of that team and key to most they did.

I suspect Levy, sacked Poch to break up his team really, once the stadium was over the line, its all about the business now and sustaining that as his legacy and the debt they took on. Poch was to popular with the fans and often said transfers were down to Levy. Watch this team be broken up with Value replacements coming in, we are seeing it already frees, value deals and journey men.

Wholly expect Spurs to start the slow decline, this is the end of their cycle.

The Eriksen deal really surprised me. I thought you got a guy like Mourinho in, to convicne your top players to stay. That they've sold Eriksen, let Vertonghen leave on a free, benches Sanchez etc it all looks a bit odd to me. He's not got Harry Kane back to his previous level, not kicked Alli on. All of the positive things you would have initially felt he does haven't been done. And you know there is a crash coming at some point over the next 18 months.

So who is it we will listen to offers for supposedly: Walcott, Iwobi, Sigurdsson, Kean, Delph, Tosun, Bolasie, Kenny, Besic. Am I missing anyone?

Of those, I think it would be madness to get rid of Kean yet, even though I haven't been impressed at all, I would be surprised if we got rid of Iwobi having only given him one season.

If (huge if) we managed to sell the rest, surely we wouldn't get more than £45 million tops for the whole lot.

Delph I'm sure we would try and shift after one season because of his wages - and that transfer has been a disaster. Will someone pay him?

Can't see anyone taking Sigurdsson of our hands unfortunately.

We need to get a pacy wide man, an RB who can get up and down and a CB with pace - loans are fine. And if possible, a decent GK to push Pickford. If we can do that we can go far - but can we shift out what's above??

I think we would entertain offers for all of them, and some we would listen to bids me attentively than others.

I'll be honest, I can see a fair few loans being done. I think we are getting to that point in the window where loans are where people are at. The fortunate thing is, that we haven't spent a tonne of money- around £50m ourselves. So getting all or most of the above wages off the books will be good.

I suspect Kean are at one end of the spectrum though. They will want a good bid from him. I hope he starts tonight. It's not going to be easy for him, but he has to try and force his way in and be given opportunities.

The Eriksen deal really surprised me. I thought you got a guy like Mourinho in, to convicne your top players to stay. That they've sold Eriksen, let Vertonghen leave on a free, benches Sanchez etc it all looks a bit odd to me. He's not got Harry Kane back to his previous level, not kicked Alli on. All of the positive things you would have initially felt he does haven't been done. And you know there is a crash coming at some point over the next 18 months.

Sometimes if a players mind is set on a new challenge/league/culture - there's sod all you can do.

He'd been at Spurs for a very long time.

He was their playmaker. They don’t have any creativity in their midfield. If he wanted to leave fair enough, but replace him with someone like Grealish not Hojberg.

Good luck to them, something rotten at Spurs, they've made a series of poor decisions all the way from sacking Poch forward. Relative success went to their heads.

It seemed to set in before he left though didn't it?

I think you see the end point of 2-3 years of not really bringing players in, It goes stale. A lot of the problems get masked for a couple of years, but you then collapse. We saw similar with United post Ferguson and to a degree Moyes here. We papered over the cracks for a season or 2, then it all fell apart.

Sometimes if a players mind is set on a new challenge/league/culture - there's sod all you can do.

He'd been at Spurs for a very long time.

Definitely mate, and in fairness watching the Spurs documentary he seemed a decent guy (if a tad depressive). You would kind fo hope though, with Mourinho that his pull would be able to shift minds. I do think that was part of the gamble they took. They had a talented older squad who maybe needed a bigger, more successful manager to get a tune out of them. When he couldn't convince Eriksen to stay, I sort of thought it was the beginning of the end for Mourinho really.

Definitely mate, and in fairness watching the Spurs documentary he seemed a decent guy (if a tad depressive). You would kind fo hope though, with Mourinho that his pull would be able to shift minds. I do think that was part of the gamble they took. They had a talented older squad who maybe needed a bigger, more successful manager to get a tune out of them. When he couldn't convince Eriksen to stay, I sort of thought it was the beginning of the end for Mourinho really.

Jose looks spent.

I think the game maybe has moved on from Jose mate, i think hes soured also as he has gotten older, in his early days at Chelsea & Inter, you would see players highly motivated and willing to run through brick walls for him. Now he permanently seems in conflict with his players, squads and club in his last few jobs.

I dont see this ending well at all.

It actually wouldn't surprise me to see Levy asset strip Spurs, reemploy Poch and start again and Jose the patsy. But i also think Poch will get a higher profile job before then.

You wouldnt put it past Jose to sneak the league cup or something, but he will do it at a grind, getting in players of Bales profile. Ultmately the natives will get restless there.

I agree, another huge mistake was selling Christen Eriksen and not replacing him, he was the heart beat of that team and key to most they did.

I suspect Levy, sacked Poch to break up his team really, once the stadium was over the line, its all about the business now and sustaining that as his legacy and the debt they took on. Poch was to popular with the fans and often said transfers were down to Levy. Watch this team be broken up with Value replacements coming in, we are seeing it already frees, value deals and journey men.

Wholly expect Spurs to start the slow decline, this is the end of their cycle.
Honestly, Reguilon, Doherty, Hojbjerg and Bale would be a pretty good window on paper. You never know how things will pan out obviously, but it certainly wouldn't look like a team on the decline if they do that.

Last edited:
Everton sign James. James is labelled an overrated stick who hasn’t done a jot since 2014 and has hardly played a game in years.

Bale going to Spurs = Spurs signing prime Bale who’s simply box office.

Would love to have someone that good added to the first XI, it’s just the spin that’s sickening.
Its madness but media definitely have their faves. we're going to have to do our talking on the pitch this season if we want any recognition for our world class manager, and World class players from the idiot media. Imagine if we deliver this season the delight seeing the same idiots in media purring about us next season saying they always liked us. Haha

Eriksen had gone stale at Spurs and had his head turned by Madrid last summer, he’d made the decision to not renew at Spurs and so they rightly made the decision to get something for him before he walked on a Bosman.

There were a few pundits going for the Mourinho jugular weekend. Labelled a chequebook manager, incapable/uninterested in bettering the players he has or developing the youth and also described as past his best and toxic. This hasn’t come about after 1 game, he’s known for having a particular MO.

Most Everton rumours surrounding transfers out at the moment and it would be good to clear the decks.

Have the feeling there’s another big deal for a quality player in the offing but there’s enough to keep us going for the next week or two while (hopefully) the club get a few more deals over the line.

Honestly, Reguilon, Doherty, Hojberg and Bale would be a pretty good window on paper. You never know how things will pan out obviously, but it certainly wouldn't look like a team on the decline if they do that.
Doherty is a decent signing if played at wingback not full back. Hojberg - less said the better. Reguilon is talented and Bale. Well the feel good factor will return amongst the fan base. But he is 31, his best years are behind him and I can’t see the niggling injuries he picks up getting any better with the physicality of the PL.

Honestly, Reguilon, Doherty, Hojberg and Bale would be a pretty good window on paper. You never know how things will pan out obviously, but it certainly wouldn't look like a team on the decline if they do that.

Think it comes down to how you rate the players as opposed to profiles mate, Reguilon is the one i would look at there and see being on a high potential trajectory career wise. But you get the feeling there is a bit of a sweetheart arrangement there, that if Spurs take Bale then they can have a free run at Reguilon.

The Doc, PEH looked on the ropes at the weekend to me, but first games for them in fairness.

I find some of the signings strange the Doc, isnt a great right back, hes a great wing back but he needs someone behind him, hes not great in a 4 for me. I think they are picking deals as opposed to players if im being honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.