Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we had the finances, and Moshiri is involved, I wouldn't be surprised at all at a late bid for Zaha. We have shown that we don't limit our thinking and that's a good thing. You could say we have ideas well above our station and that's great as well. Not that I would classify Zaha as a huge signing, but it would be another sort of cheeky one given last year's shenanigans.

If there was the sort of creativity shown putting a deal together with club and player as seemingly was the case for James, you could see it happening.

That's two very big ifs. I'd still rather they pursued other options.

SHOULD ZAHA JOIN EVERTON?

Wilfried Zaha
's Crystal Palace future was the subject of debate during the Football Show after Roy Hodgson said potential suitors must pay the market price for the winger.

Kevin Campbell believes a move to Everton would be the ideal switch for the Ivorian, who has expressed his desire to play at a higher level.

"Zaha has repaid every debt and then some to Palace," he said. "He has ambitions to play at the highest level and to win trophies and he doesn't see himself doing that at Palace.

"He doesn't sulk and I have a sneaky feeling he won't be there come the end of the window. I think somebody will have a go and I would love to see him at Everton.

"With what Everton are doing right now, another player like that who can beat somebody would really help. Whether they can make the finances happen remains to be seen."

SHOULD ZAHA JOIN EVERTON?

Wilfried Zaha's Crystal Palace future was the subject of debate during the Football Show after Roy Hodgson said potential suitors must pay the market price for the winger.

Kevin Campbell believes a move to Everton would be the ideal switch for the Ivorian, who has expressed his desire to play at a higher level.

"Zaha has repaid every debt and then some to Palace," he said. "He has ambitions to play at the highest level and to win trophies and he doesn't see himself doing that at Palace.

"He doesn't sulk and I have a sneaky feeling he won't be there come the end of the window. I think somebody will have a go and I would love to see him at Everton.

"With what Everton are doing right now, another player like that who can beat somebody would really help. Whether they can make the finances happen remains to be seen."
Uhh...someone might want to have a word with Kev here...

He makes a convincing argument to be fair. We do need a winger/wide forward but, like you say, I don't think it will be him.
He did actually. We do lack that type of player who can beat a man one on one and that can play off the left or right in a front three. Like Danny Mills said I can‘t see anyone willing to pay what Palace want.

I really can't see us getting Bale. Especially if we can't off load the 5 or 6 players not in Carlo's plans. If we did we're in the Matrix and playing Football Manager for real. lol

I think we have a good nucleolus of the personalities coming into the club, Bale is not the right personality, the players that have came here are hungry to play in the prem and invest in Carlo's project and I believe they could have gone elsewhere for a higher wage, does anyone actually believe Bale want's anything other than to keep his 600k pw wage or improve on it in China at the expense of his career?

If we had the finances, and Moshiri is involved, I wouldn't be surprised at all at a late bid for Zaha. We have shown that we don't limit our thinking and that's a good thing. You could say we have ideas well above our station and that's great as well. Not that I would classify Zaha as a huge signing, but it would be another sort of cheeky one given last year's shenanigans.

If there was the sort of creativity shown putting a deal together with club and player as seemingly was the case for James, you could see it happening.

That's two very big ifs. I'd still rather they pursued other options.

for me as well not sure want Zaha.

Let’s be honest, what exactly is that something? I can’t think of one single thing he excels at. He is an extremely poor player.
But Big Sam and the PE teacher told us that Tosun was the best in the western hemisphere for his price, with the pace of a corpse and with a hairline that resides in a deodorant can and whatever other disclaimers were thrown out to justify us spaffing £25 million on him.

But Big Sam and the PE teacher told us that Tosun was the best in the western hemisphere for his price, with the pace of a corpse and with a hairline that resides in a deodorant can and whatever other disclaimers were thrown out to justify us spaffing £25 million on him.

I could forgive him having no pace whatsoever if he was maybe good in the air or physically stronger than an autumn leaf to compensate for it, but he is not.

When he said Evertonians did not want players like Richarlison when he signed.

WHAT.

Status
Not open for further replies.