Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s loads of question marks over Bale with regards to the cost, how motivated he is etc, which obviously makes us all a bit sceptical but regardless to what anyone says he would be a tremendously exciting signing.

Expectations of every Evertonian would go through the roof.

Bale Linked this morning, Madrid offering him out on loan or for Sale 20 million euros, he is on £600k per week, but Madrid are offering to pay part of the wages. I cant see it myself, I think the link to Everton is fairly tenuous, Ancellotti signed him for Madrid... Thats about it. Man Utd, Leicester, Newcastle, West Ham and Spurs all linked as well.

I would take him if the money was not too bad, but I think even subsidised, he would be on way too much for us.

Do it brands ... he’s one of the top 4 RW in the world .. only Messi and mbappe are better of the right off the top Of my head and he used to play Lw for Spurs where he was immense ... bring Them all

At least we know now, whoever we sign, they have convinced Carlo they are 100% ready to give their all for the cause. I don’t think Bale is that guy but if he did show up, he’s proven to Carlo he wants it so I’d be very excited by that.

Massively overrated and injury prone
I so much want to finger you Zat but I'm too much of a gentleman for that. ;)

I'd take the lad in a heartbeat. Ticks all the boxes for me for what we need, right sided left footed winger with exceptional acceleration who scores blammos coming in off the wing.

His stats from the Italian league for a player who has only just turned 23.

Can he be the same player after the hamstring injury? That's a risk and is no doubt factored into the fee of around £20m. But he's the closest thing I've seen to Arjen Robben since, well Arjen Robben.

You can guarantee that if he goes to Leicester or United, both also linked, and smashes it then this place will be full of cryarses moaning that we didn't go for it.

Bale Linked this morning, Madrid offering him out on loan or for Sale 20 million euros, he is on £600k per week, but Madrid are offering to pay part of the wages. I cant see it myself, I think the link to Everton is fairly tenuous, Ancellotti signed him for Madrid... Thats about it. Man Utd, Leicester, Newcastle, West Ham and Spurs all linked as well.

I would take him if the money was not too bad, but I think even subsidised, he would be on way too much for us.

still being linked with Josh King today, some last night said we offered £10m and Bournemouth want £15m, he only has 9 months left so I could see a deal being done, this is Bounrmouths last chance to cash in really, before he walks. I think he is OK as an option, either central or part of an attacking front 3

I rate him, strong & fast, always looks a handful for defenders. For a price like that and relatively low wages I think he would provide good cover and something different from the bench. Also has prem experience and goals.

I am beginning to get fed up with some people linking us with the likes of big spenders, Chelsea, as I understand it we have only bought 2 players, the other 2 were free signings, there are other teams apart from Chelsea that have spent more cash than us.
The funny thing is due to the transfer ban Chelsea had as well as the Hazard and Morata sales, they've not spent as much as it seems

For me, buying Josh King would be buying a striker just for the sake of it and I get the impression that's not Ancelotti's strategy.
I think we're only going to bring players in that will genuinely add quality rather than making up the numbers. Josh King doesn't do that.
We may as well keep Tosun as buy King. Tosun is no different to DCL and Richarlison in that he will also get more opportunities with this midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.