2019/20 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would look at the signings in his position are for today. We haven't gone and bought another highly priced 23/25 year old. He will be given a good 12 months to see if he is able to play at the levels that attracted the club to invest in him in the first place.

Hence why the lazy journalism citing Allan's age was so misplaced. Hopefully Gbamin has an important role in the future.
When he got injured at the end of May the consensus was he would be out for at least 6 months. So December time at the very earliest if that is still the case.

So come January he'll basically be a new signing for us, I really hope there's a footballer in him, would make a great story for him if he comes back from a torrid time of prolonged injuries to boss our midfield with Doucoure and Allan

....my long-term concern remains the damaged quad muscle, to that extent this injury might actually help.
Always was a risk if we rushed him back, that muscle is very heavily relied on obviously in football as it's the rectus femoris the kicking muscle that he ruptured, so yeah I agree at least he is getting a chance to rehab his quad really well as well as his achilles.

Will be good when he does come back though. At least we can give him time now. A lot better to have him and Gomes as rotation options than Davies and Sigurdsson though.

We'll give him until 2022 as there's usually further injuries along the way after such serious ones, maybe he'll be transferred out eventually without actually really playing for us at all?

So come January he'll basically be a new signing for us, I really hope there's a footballer in him, would make a great story for him if he comes back from a torrid time of prolonged injuries to boss our midfield with Doucoure and Allan
Hopefully, but I wouldn't expect too much of him this season if he's going to be out until christmas. Being kind, he looked like he was going to need a bit of time to come to terms with the PL as it was, if he's had 18 months out injured that is going to be increased several times over. Any sort of impact at all this season would be a bonus really.

Status
Not open for further replies.