Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
2j75pc.jpg

Just been watching that thinking "there is a lot in there which you should be expecting a keeper to save", then I rethought, "there is a lot in there Pickford has messed up with".

I am so hating this trend of the ball pinging back into the danger area off the keeper though.

Is wanting a solid keeper too much to ask? Id give anything to get Martyn now like we did, solid dependable and didn't pull his tongue out at any opportunity.

Just been watching that thinking "there is a lot in there which you should be expecting a keeper to save", then I rethought, "there is a lot in there Pickford has messed up with".

I am so hating this trend of the ball pinging back into the danger area off the keeper though.

Is wanting a solid keeper too much to ask? Id give anything to get Martyn now like we did, solid dependable and didn't pull his tongue out at any opportunity.

To me I don’t think keepers are being taught/asked to catch balls anymore. Maybe they think it’s more dangerous if it goes wrong than to parry a ball back into the area.

To me I don’t think keepers are being taught/asked to catch balls anymore. Maybe they think it’s more dangerous if it goes wrong than to parry a ball back into the area.

Yeah its crazy, I see so many young keepers now ping it right back into the danger zone, would love for them to just save it and it go for a corner, or push it out to the sides.

Wish some of those balls would be caught too, but like you say, probably being taught otherwise now.

This is the exact reason why I want us to sign Emiliano Martínez if he's available.

Every save he tries to make, he is always looking to catch the ball, unless he is right on the edge and knows he has to tip it wide or over. He's the only keeper in the league who does it and he's actually bloody good at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.