Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unless Koeman goes after him, and i cant see Munich now with Pavard & Kimmich in there, now might be the time to take a risk and go for Dest IF we can free up funds from sales.
Salary coming from Eredivisie wont be huge and could tie him onto a long term contract and spread cost over instalments.

I think they are going to compress this season and next season into a single season. That may well change though, as the crisis deepens
I think it’s inevitable mate, the Chinese TV deal today and the PPV withholding of 150 mill are all nails in the coffin.

I said it last night, It’s not in the PL interests, to see the PL deplete due lack of resources, turkeys won’t vote for Xmas.

The suspension on Cost and sustainability rules for 19/20 is a good indication that 20/21 will be suspended to, the circumstances are the same.

Good news for us at least we know how we will fund this window, nice timing on a few different fronts.
Essentially a +70 mill shot in the arm or lee way. That was the projected loss for 19/20.

So a three year rolling average of loss is :

17/18: 8.5 mill
18/19: 111mill

20/21: Whatever.

We‘ve had a revenue boost of 35 mill through USM, we can write of 40mill in Stadium costs once planning permission is granted for Cost and sustainability.

We carried a big wage bill in 19/20, that won’t be taken into account. We‘ve saved 15.5 off the wage bill in Schneiderlin, Stekelenburg, Dowell, Niasse, Garbutt, Martina, Baines leaving + whatever we got in fees in addition. That’s so far. So we get a free hit on our big wage bill and year with the deadwood for free as their contracts run down. For perspective taking on Jamo, Doucoure and Allan in fees and wages is 30 mill a year. We’ve probably save 20 mill of that in wages and fees saving so far.

So with the suspension of the 19/20 year and weighing up the above, we are looking a lot healthier. Essentially we dodged our second worse financial year ever as far as compliance goes.

All of the above adds up to what we see us spending now, wiggle room to make the transfers and comply.

Also we might need to sell a player, but it might not, nor will we be desperate to sell a Richarlison or Digne.

As catcher says there are big questions over Profit and Sustainabkitty in 20/21, the same circumstances apply and we are already a quarter into the year.

Very simply we’ve swapped a loss of 70 mill in a year for one of 8.5 mill.

This was announced before they pulled the plug on the Chinese deal.

I think the key for us here to really take advantage of the joint two seasons would be to sell all our deadwood players.

We would have to bring in fees and get the majority of the wages off the books for those mostly contracted until 2021 and 2022. Then of course we save on the wages as well.

But looking at the 3 year cycle we're not looking in good shape just on saved wages so there needs to be a decent chunk of outgoings to balance the books.

My guess would be that;

8 Expiring 2021
Walcott
Bolasie
Sandro
Besic
Pennington
Virginia
Connolly
Bowler

9 Expiring 2022
Sigurdsson
Bernard
Tosun
Delph
Coleman * (keep)
Kenny
Lossl * (keep)
Baningime
Gibson * (keep)

The vast majority of these 17 players are sold bar the 3 highlighted.

That would leave us with a squad of 18 players only in:

5 Expiring 2023
Digne
Mina
Davies
Branthwaite
Nkounkou

6 Expiring 2024
Richarlison
Pickford
Iwobi
Kean
Gbamin
Gomes

4 Expiring 2025
Calvert-Lewin
Holgate
Gordon
Keane

+ Gibson / Lossl / Coleman

Which becomes 21 in the first team squad once we add in James, Doucoure and Allan.

So i think we would go with a squad of 23 which means that we would be 2 short.

I expect to see a mass cull now allowing us to bring in a RB and one other player.

This was announced before they pulled the plug on the Chinese deal.

I think the key for us here to really take advantage of the joint two seasons would be to sell all our deadwood players.

We would have to bring in fees and get the majority of the wages off the books for those mostly contracted until 2021 and 2022. Then of course we save on the wages as well.

But looking at the 3 year cycle we're not looking in good shape just on saved wages so there needs to be a decent chunk of outgoings to balance the books.

My guess would be that;

8 Expiring 2021
Walcott
Bolasie
Sandro
Besic
Pennington
Virginia
Connolly
Bowler

9 Expiring 2022
Sigurdsson
Bernard
Tosun
Delph
Coleman * (keep)
Kenny
Lossl * (keep)
Baningime
Gibson * (keep)

The vast majority of these 17 players are sold bar the 3 highlighted.

That would leave us with a squad of 18 players only in:

5 Expiring 2023
Digne
Mina
Davies
Branthwaite
Nkounkou

6 Expiring 2024
Richarlison
Pickford
Iwobi
Kean
Gbamin
Gomes

4 Expiring 2025
Calvert-Lewin
Holgate
Gordon
Keane

+ Gibson / Lossl / Coleman

Which becomes 21 in the first team squad once we add in James, Doucoure and Allan.

So i think we would go with a squad of 23 which means that we would be 2 short.

I expect to see a mass cull now allowing us to bring in a RB and one other player.
No chance at all we should be extending Coleman's deal. Great player in his day but it is done and we need to move on unfortunately.

@catcherintherye @Neiler

I think bar a loan for Gibson we should hope to look like this after the window.

21 players 1 × GK / RB / RM short

GK: Pickford / Lossl
RB: Coleman
CB: Mina / Branthwaite / Gibson / Holgate / Keane
LB: DIgne / Nkounkou
RM: James
CM: Davies / Gomes / Gbamin / Doucoure / Allan
LM: Iwobi / Gordon
CF: Richarlison / Kean / DCL

Depending on us getting in those 3 more players the squad suddenly looks alot better.

Got to hand it to the board. We needed a midfield, they delivered. We attracted top talent in Allan and James. Doucoure dominated with a horrible Watford team (maybe not as much last year due to failing to force a move out). Hopefully now our attackers are ready to score some goals. Gordon signed a 5 year extension and should be our starter. We get a RB out of this window, we are golden. Love the boys in blue and excited for the season

Status
Not open for further replies.