Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is actually really exciting, particularly as we also get shut of LOADS of our trash at the end of the season as well, either via their contacts expiring or us selling before they enter their final season.

Hopefully by the end of the new season we're shut of Coleman°, Bolasie*, Walcott*, Tosun°, Davies, Kenny°, Sandro*, Besic*, Pennington*, Baningame°, Virginia*, Delph°, Sigurdsson°...

I'd throw Bernard°, Iwobi and Pickford in there too but I don't see any takers for them.

* = contract expires end of this season
° = contract expires end of next season

This is actually really exciting, particularly as we also get shut of LOADS of our trash at the end of the season as well, either via their contacts expiring or us selling before they enter their final season.

Hopefully by the end of the new season we're shut of Coleman°, Bolasie*, Walcott*, Tosun°, Davies, Kenny°, Sandro*, Besic*, Pennington*, Baningame°, Virginia*, Delph°, Sigurdsson°...

I'd throw Bernard°, Iwobi and Pickford in there too but I don't see any takers for them.

You think we can find people to take on Sandro and Tosun but not Bernard?

That's an excessively streamlined squad

3 GK
2 RB/LB
4 CB
6 CM
2 RW/LW
4 ST

Is the sweet spot for me.

But that's only if you have European football.

You can lose a ST and 2 CMs with no European footy, takes you to 22, that would be my min, would of course matter what formation you are playing.

When these 3 deals are completed I have us at 35, suspect we are going to be seeing at least 10 Outs, 1 way or another.

You think we can find people to take on Sandro and Tosun but not Bernard?
End of the season Sandro and Bolasie go on a free transfer, Tosun has a year left and we may accept a much lower fee than we currently would. You did read that I mentioned at the end of the season, right? I believe Bernard's wages will be a big blocker to any move.

Screenshot_20200904-042216_Chrome.jpg

fxUH.gif

End of the season Sandro and Bolasie go on a free transfer, Tosun has a year left and we may accept a much lower fee than we currently would. You did read that I mentioned at the end of the season, right? I believe Bernard's wages will be a big blocker to any move.
Tosun has the exact same symbol that you put on Bernard and the same dumb wages for his ability level.

Tosun has the exact same symbol that you put on Bernard and the same dumb wages for his ability level.
But there is a huge difference: Bernard came on hugely inflated wages on free transfer. I'm sure his wages are almost double Tosun's. I think we'll find it easier to ship out Cenk on a low fee which will allow a new club to pay him decent, but not quite as high, wage. Bernard on the other hand may have takers ready to pay a higher fee, but ain't nobody coming close to his wages, so unless he's a really good boi and volunteers to half his wage (he won't) then I think we'll need to be very creative to get rid if we want rid.

does this now mean that when we field a starting 11 our midfielders will actually have earned their spot on the pitch......... inconcievable....surely you jest.

Status
Not open for further replies.