2019/20 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you take Iceland out of our side and put another fella in there with a bit of quality/energy/snide next to skaterboi Tom, then you see a different player, and much better performances.

I don't think it can be underestimated how much of a negative effect Iceland has on this side currently (I don't care about his stats, he's a fraud), as I think Tom is doing his running and covering, each time the dreary crab starts pointing and getting himself marked. I also think Tom's been gomes legs with his injuries, to an extent.

The lad is only 22 now, but was playing much better for us (tackling/positionally/goals-wise) with old gazza bazza and Ross playing next to him 3/4 years ago.

I would take Tom over Iceland in the side anyday of the week.

I agree with this. I think the young players get ONE more season to prove themselves, because they've had such a poor run of luck from Martinez to Silva that it can't really help judge their quality. Cant fault their effort. You can fault 100% the effort, application, leadership and drive of the senior players. who should have pulled through in spite of any tactical issues.

His arm is bigger than davis body. Pity Davis doesnt beef himself up abit. He is as weak as water and doesnt have the technique on the ball to make up for it. I dont question his commitment but just think he really offers nothing at moment. He just seems lost on the pitch.

Was hoping he'd work on his physique as well. Physically big players, even if limited in quality, do get an advantage now. That's why I'm impressed with DCL's application. That 2018-19 off season he worked really hard

Can’t believe he didn’t get a call up

He did to the U21s:

Off topic: It's lunacy to be playing Nations League in a pandemic. It's bad enough that PL players went to all the hotspots this summer and went to superspreader clubs and parties (and got arrested for assault, sometimes). There WILL be players testing positive and maybe whole sides quarantined, which I'm shocked didn't happen in the restart period. Now we're sending a squad of players from different clubs to play against other internationals and then come back to their teams' bubbles. Dumb dumb dumb.

I think you take Iceland out of our side and put another fella in there with a bit of quality/energy/snide next to skaterboi Tom, then you see a different player, and much better performances.

I don't think it can be underestimated how much of a negative effect Iceland has on this side currently (I don't care about his stats, he's a fraud), as I think Tom is doing his running and covering, each time the dreary crab starts pointing and getting himself marked. I also think Tom's been gomes legs with his injuries, to an extent.

The lad is only 22 now, but was playing much better for us (tackling/positionally/goals-wise) with old gazza bazza and Ross playing next to him 3/4 years ago.

I would take Tom over Iceland in the side anyday of the week.

Disagree. Can't blame siggy for everything. Davies is absolutely tripe.

The whole Davies running and covering thing is a complete myth made up by people who want to give him a hundred chances because he's a local boy. Watch the anfield derby from last season as an example. The referee overtook Davies running back to try and prevent one of their attacks which they scored from. Davies is abysmal, has no positive attributes and wouldn't get in any other prem side.

Disagree. Can't blame siggy for everything. Davies is absolutely tripe.

The whole Davies running and covering thing is a complete myth made up by people who want to give him a hundred chances because he's a local boy. Watch the anfield derby from last season as an example. The referee overtook Davies running back to try and prevent one of their attacks which they scored from. Davies is abysmal, has no positive attributes and wouldn't get in any other prem side.
Both players have shown they are not good enough and hopefully if we keep either it will only be as back up in the event of injury crisis. One is on over 100K pw and used to being top boy. One isn't
Of the two I know which I would pick I I had to choose, but hopefully we can offload both during this window

Status
Not open for further replies.