Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
We aren't selling Sigurdsson - get used to it. No one would buy him and Ancelotti likes him. Our other alternative at #10 is Iwobi so perhaps until Gordon grows up we will keep Iceland. There are other 1st team players that need to go waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before him. Delph? Walcott? Iwobi? Davies? Bernard? Baningame?
Never say never
And I’m not convinced he likes him, basically played because we had nobody else. Does he like Tom Davies too?

and we won’t be needing a number 10

I just don’t get Iwobi. He has done extremely little and looks half arsed most of the time.

I compare it to Bernard, you can see a footballer there, yes he is probably a little slow and weak for the league but technically has a brain. I wasdesperate for him to be a bit as he can offer something

I just can’t see that with Iwobi. Doesn’t create much, doesn’t seem to have much fight in him. Isn’t sharp on the ball. Coming from Arsenal the least I’d expected was he’d be sharp and calm on the ball.

I can’t name a single game from memory where Iwobi was excellent or had a relatively strong game. Bernard at least I can think the first two home games under CA he kept finding pockets and being a problem for the opposition.

the whole signing of him made no sense.its not an endorsement for Bernard by the way just a comparison. As much as I love the little fella I don’t think he’s going to be the influential player we hoped he could be.

Last edited:
Linked with Lacroix; seen him a couple of times and he's a bit of a beast. Doesn't look like we're bothering bidding though.

That link says he is a 2 year old defender, I am all for signing players for the future, but thats a bit much lol :)

We aren't selling Sigurdsson - get used to it. No one would buy him and Ancelotti likes him. Our other alternative at #10 is Iwobi so perhaps until Gordon grows up we will keep Iceland. There are other 1st team players that need to go waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before him. Delph? Walcott? Iwobi? Davies? Bernard? Baningame?

Why would Ancelotti like him? What has he ever done to make him like him?

He's been unbelievably disappointing so far, and his lack of commitment in some recent games is embarrassing. But the popular opinion on this forum is still way over the top negative. He might actually be the most naturally talented ball carrier on the team and has shown outstanding vision in the past. The other big issue is that he isn't fit. Compare him to his earlier Arsenal days and it's completely night and day. He could actually run and was agile. But the effort level combined with his high fee and lack of position has certainly made him quite the villain at the moment.

That’s actually a good point we forget he signed so late and didn’t have a preseason with us, then got injured not long after he began to start games for us, I might be clutching at straws though.

So nothing has happened today other than Benfica getting Everton & Vertonghen who would have been perfect free signing

Has Gabriel made his mind up or is that in another week, wonder when we will sign players, aren't the players back for pre season in 2 weeks?

So nothing has happened today other than Benfica getting Everton & Vertonghen who would have been perfect free signing

Has Gabriel made his mind up or is that in another week, wonder when we will sign players, aren't the players back for pre season in 2 weeks?
Nearly all the Players are back tomorrow [sunday] -1st pre season game in a week

Status
Not open for further replies.