Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the club needs to sign players who are eager to prove themselves or have something to prove after maybe going off the boil temporarily.
We need players who are prepared to dig deep and give everything in every single game, whether it is against top 4 teams or League 2 teams.
Players who want to win things and not just collect a wage!
Allan from Napoli seems to fit that criteria so I hope we get him but we obviously need more.
I've mentioned before going for Benrahma from Brentford and I think we could possibly go for him and Watkins in a double deal.
Both hungry to succeed, will be on the cheaper side of wages and could help each other settle in.

The team would be something like this 4-4-2 (prepares to be shut down swiftly and without mercy!)

Pickford - or an able replacement - Romero from Man Ure maybe?
Coleman - for the time being until replaced either in January or next summer.
Digne
Holgate
Keane/Mina/new CB (Zouma or Stones)
Gomes
Allan
Richarlison
Benrahma
CalvertLewin
Watkins/Kean

no club seems to want to pay the going rate for players because of COVID with the exception of chelsea. if we have the money, we need to bite the bullet and pay the asking price for our targets. if you snooze, you lose.

Or it could show what a good player he is and making rapid progress.
Don't remember anyone saying Liverpool were doing shocking transfer business when Alexander Arnold was playing and they're a good team while we're terrible
Don’t think anyone was saying Mason Holgate should be a first team starter 12 months ago. Now he is clearly our best CB despite spending £20million plus on each of his usual partners. So which is the most damning for our transfers, Branthwaite having been signed for very little becoming next seasons Holgate or spending another £20+ million on next seasons Yerry Mina?

no club seems to want to pay the going rate for players because of COVID with the exception of chelsea. if we have the money, we need to bite the bullet and pay the asking price for our targets. if you snooze, you lose.
were clearly being cautious with money and it’s probably because of the amount of rebuilding we’ve got to do. We can’t afford to overpay and leave ourselves short elsewhere.
Besides which, overpaying is what has got us into this mess.

were clearly being cautious with money and it’s probably because of the amount of rebuilding we’ve got to do. We can’t afford to overpay and leave ourselves short elsewhere.
Besides which, overpaying is what has got us into this mess.

if we're targeting players who are also attracting interest from top 6 clubs in the major leagues, we can't afford to haggle. i'm not saying overpay, just at least offer the going rate.

Not encouraging to hear that Ancelotti will have to pretty much work with the same squad next season.

Going to be a very hard slog. Getting to 40 points will be our sole aim.

I'm not sure anyone with any sense is going to splash much cash this window. We don't even know when stadiums reopen or what the knock on effects of this virus are. Are players going to want to move to another country during global pandemic?

Status
Not open for further replies.