Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leeds reportedly close to signing Joe Gelhardt for £1 million. Says he is holding out for Everton or rangers. Paper talk but weren't we linked with him earlier this season. Anyone know what he is like. Never seen him play

Or be lumbered with another average prem player on high salary and long contract that we can’t get rid of, draining our resources and stopping us from signing real quality.

Groundhog Day, no thanks.

Agreed. Not something i would do, just reading between the lines

The general view on here seems to be that the midfield needs fixing first, but if Richarlison got injured, god forbid, where the hell else are the goals going to come from?

Kean + DCL will score.

We really need a right back like Digne who can get up the pitch and deliver quality + a right mid to conbine with him. Plus a centre mid who attacks as well.

At the moment teams just need to kick Richarlison.

I still think Palace will take him likely at a reduced cost. They desperately need a CF, dont have loads of money and their DOF seems to rate Tosun.

Wouldnt be shocked if he joins them for £8-10 million.

Id be surprised if we get that for him. I think it will be another loan.

Leeds reportedly close to signing Joe Gelhardt for £1 million. Says he is holding out for Everton or rangers. Paper talk but weren't we linked with him earlier this season. Anyone know what he is like. Never seen him play
Seen him come on against Fulham in their last match, looked a talented lad, went straight on up top and beat a few players - injected something into the match that they didn't have and had a couple shots in the short time he was on. Looked to be able to hold it up well (has quite a stocky build) but he was only on for about 10 mins.

People moan about DCL on here then want Joshua King & Callum Wilson lol
Not fair to compare DCL and King.

Under Ancelotti we have seen clearly defined roles for the strikers. DCL and Kean are typical no 9s, while Richarlison is a second striker. We have hardly seen DCL and Kean on the pitch at the same time. When Richarlison plays wide, we play with one striker. The closest we have to cover for Richarlison is probably Gordon.

Joshua King is a typical second striker. The guy who plays next to Wilson or Solanke for Bournemouth. Or next to Haaland for the national team. He knows how to play 442 and he can also play wide.

It might not be the most inspiring or what we are hoping for, but getting King in for a reasonable price could be clever business. He would provide cover for Richarlison and also give an option to use Richarlison wide while sticking to 442.

I am confident that DCL and King as strikers combined with Richarlison as right midfielder would provide more goals than Richarlison/DCL/Walcott. And let's be honest. Everton are not likely to sign a better right midfielder than Richarlison. Not this summer. Not next summer.

Been saying we should have signed him years ago for ST/wing back-up but not sure how good he is anymore.

@BlueToff

Same.

That summer when Lukaku left we did make a bid. Should have got the deal done then.

I still like him but he's what, 28/29 now.

He'd definitely be a good option to have but not sure if he's what we need to push us onto the next level.

Status
Not open for further replies.