Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iwobi aside I don't think Brands has been one for overspending on a player.

Yes I agree, he has negotiated well. I suppose it was more a comment on the Walsh/Koeman era, where we bought flavours of the month for massive fees. We could have easily plunged £40m on King in that time.

And he’s still got the worst pass % out of our cbs, tbf he’s usually steady when it comes to passing he just has the odd brainfart were he decides to belt a simple pass and it goes out for a throw in or he shanks it with his clubfoot

As @Nymzee says the stats don't tell a true story.

Keane is probably a bit more "industrial" compared to the other CBs too so will get rid at the right time.

Honestly on the ball he is fine, it's a criticism about him that I have never understood, especially as there are plenty of other things to criticize him about.

eh!? Are we on about the same player. He's one of the worst at playing out from the back because any time he's under pressure he'll either boot it or play a pass that isn't on and gives the ball away.

Yes same player, people look at him and assume he is going to be crap on the ball but he really isn't. Not saying he is Beckenbauer or anything but he is fine with the ball.

We do pass the ball around the back far too much for no apparent reason.

Josh King really?

Is that the best our DOF can come up with?

Its obvious Tosun is out the door this summer one way or another - depending on the budget we either spend big on a CF and have DCL on the bench or we spend big elswhere but bring in another "decent but nothing special" CF to give us options whilst allowing investment elswhere.

Tbh im all for it - King is no worse than DCL and his actual movement in the box will put bambi to shame.

Sounds complete paper talk like but if that allows us to strengthen elswhere such as CM, out wide, GK etc then im happy with him / Giroud type forward coming in.

Yes same player, people look at him and assume he is going to be crap on the ball but he really isn't. Not saying he is Beckenbauer or anything but he is fine with the ball.

We do pass the ball around the back far too much for no apparent reason.

The point is to try and get teams to over commit to the press so when we get the ball up the pitch our forward players are in advantageous positions in terms of the number of attackers vs defenders.

The point is to try and get teams to over commit to the press so when we get the ball up the pitch our forward players are in advantageous positions in terms of the number of attackers vs defenders.

Yeah I get the point of it. The problem is all we do is pass it around with little movement, get to about the half way line then turn around and pass it back to Pickford who just hoofs it up the field anyway.

That may be the theory, but in our case the attacking ball is often hopeless or lost alltogether.

I saw him and Callum Wilson are available at a knockdown price. I wouldn't pay £15m for eitehr (I thought Wilson was available closer to 10) but in essence eitehr at £10m to me would be quite an astute buy and probably allow us to deploy Richarlinson wide.
People moan about DCL on here then want Joshua King & Callum Wilson lol

For a super low fee then King or Wilson may be ok to have with Kean as backup.

If they do something decent they we could sell in 12months for a profit.

Status
Not open for further replies.