Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we are just aiming for another mid table finish then signing this type of player, you may be onto something.

Dunno its ok to have experience there as we have youth.

I mean £15mil or lower would be ok for 12 months while Kean continues to develop. Then seek to sell at a profit.

Yeah I get the point of it. The problem is all we do is pass it around with little movement, get to about the half way line then turn around and pass it back to Pickford who just hoofs it up the field anyway.

Even that's part of it though, if you draw 5 players in then hit it long, all it takes is DCL or richarlison winning a header and we've taken those 5 players out the game. One of the few strengths of the team is we've got strikers with the ability to win physical battles with defenders so it plays into their strengths.

It's like every part of our team at the minute, it'll improve hugely once we've got a better midfield. We can't play it properly at the minute because the midfield isn't good enough, but long term I think it's better we got style of play into the team early rather than waiting.

Dunno its ok to have experience there as we have youth.

I mean £15mil or lower would be ok for 12 months while Kean continues to develop. Then seek to sell at a profit.

Or be lumbered with another average prem player on high salary and long contract that we can’t get rid of, draining our resources and stopping us from signing real quality.

Groundhog Day, no thanks.

Its obvious Tosun is out the door this summer one way or another - depending on the budget we either spend big on a CF and have DCL on the bench or we spend big elswhere but bring in another "decent but nothing special" CF to give us options whilst allowing investment elswhere.

Tbh im all for it - King is no worse than DCL and his actual movement in the box will put bambi to shame.

Sounds complete paper talk like but if that allows us to strengthen elswhere such as CM, out wide, GK etc then im happy with him / Giroud type forward coming in.
Id love to believe that,but having not played after an ACL any club considering him would have to be crazy...and other than us there aren't many around.

Id personally disagree with you there mate, the high press doesn't exist unless you are playing out from the back, i take the point you are making and that is what you have to do if you decide to play out from the back if the opposition is high pressing. But i think there are other ways, the advent of sweeper keeprs, going direct,flooding lines, hitting the space behind the press etc.

We are agree on one thing we have been bad at it, i think people are being harsh on our defenders though, they had no midfield to transition it to and also far to often our midfielders played it repressively back to our back four and snared us in the press again. I hate to say it but we are not a very clever team.

I think concpetionally people like the idea of playing out from the back as they think it identifies with good football, when really that is often not the case.

Either way i think people are being harsh on our defenders a bit, id have a bit of sympathy for them in that they improved a lot when Carlo came in and organised them, while they have been left exposed with teams just running through our central channel through midfield without a tackle and getting minimum protection.
Wheres our updated transfer rumour list?

To me they are smart signings. Wilson was very much last seasons Danny Ings, being quoted at £70m which was ridiculous. He hasn't become a bad player overnight though, and would probably do a good job for someone at a knockdown price.
A Jermaine Beckford type signing. I’m happy with that.

Even that's part of it though, if you draw 5 players in then hit it long, all it takes is DCL or richarlison winning a header and we've taken those 5 players out the game. One of the few strengths of the team is we've got strikers with the ability to win physical battles with defenders so it plays into their strengths.

It's like every part of our team at the minute, it'll improve hugely once we've got a better midfield. We can't play it properly at the minute because the midfield isn't good enough, but long term I think it's better we got style of play into the team early rather than waiting.

Well yeah of course, right now though teams don't even bother to commit to pressing us, they just wait for that ball to come and deal with it. We seems to suck our own players in more than the opposition!

Our movement is shocking though, has been for a very long time. I mean how hard is it to pass a ball into a team mates stride?

Id love to believe that,but having not played after an ACL any club considering him would have to be crazy...and other than us there aren't many around.

I still think Palace will take him likely at a reduced cost. They desperately need a CF, dont have loads of money and their DOF seems to rate Tosun.

Wouldnt be shocked if he joins them for £8-10 million.

Its obvious Tosun is out the door this summer one way or another - depending on the budget we either spend big on a CF and have DCL on the bench or we spend big elswhere but bring in another "decent but nothing special" CF to give us options whilst allowing investment elswhere.

Tbh im all for it - King is no worse than DCL and his actual movement in the box will put bambi to shame.

Sounds complete paper talk like but if that allows us to strengthen elswhere such as CM, out wide, GK etc then im happy with him / Giroud type forward coming in.
Sarr is being linked with palace for around £40 million. Might be worth a punt

Status
Not open for further replies.