Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of the links seem to be to players that would be hopelessly overrun in a four-man midfield.

Not that Everton are above buying players that don't fit into the team, like.

All of the links seem to be to players that would be hopelessly overrun in a four-man midfield.

Not that Everton are above buying players that don't fit into the team, like.
Has there been confirmation that that’s the system we’re building towards though?

Think Ancelotti’s been talking up about how he isn’t a big fan of sticking to the same shape/system (as we’ve seen in his team selections and tinkering during the game)

I like Doucoure as it goes, at this stage though not sure the juice is worth the squeeze. We have Gbamin who I see as a very similar players in style- well I don’t actually see him - but you know what I mean.
I'd say Doucoure is a touch more attacking and why not have two units in the middle?

Be interested to know what sort of wages those Watford lads are on. Anything close to £100k and they can’t justify keeping them on in the Championship. I’d be going to buy Sarr and trying to loan Doucoure for the season. If they get back up (which they won’t) they get him back if not and he works out here then buy him. They’d need to get both as well as the likes of Deulofeu and Perreyra off the wage bill if only just temporarily. Same thing with Bournemouth with some players on mad wages.

I'd say Doucoure is a touch more attacking and why not have two units in the middle?

I dunno mate, Gbamin looks mobile enough to me, I always thought of him as an 8 with a bit of presence with physicality. But you are probably right Doucoure can play that more advanced, did under Pearson, I’ve seen him play a bit more deeper as well, he can be a beast just with size and physicality alone, He bossed our home game against them season before the one just gone, just beasting our players. he’s close to apex now though and can see him head down the other side and regress after a move. I like him as a player mind. Would do a job for Newcastle or West Ham for a few seasons.

Has there been confirmation that that’s the system we’re building towards though?

Think Ancelotti’s been talking up about how he isn’t a big fan of sticking to the same shape/system (as we’ve seen in his team selections and tinkering during the game)
I don't think that he's as wedded to setting up with two banks of four as some have claimed, but he did leave it a long time before switching to the system that most of his players were bought for.

I wasn't meaning to dismiss the links, either. I just found it curious that they're mostly wide forwards and attacking midfielders who would be exposed outside of a packed midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.