Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doucoure is the type of player we need... He's just not good enough and too old. Could be a bargain squad player, but we'd have to shift 2 more centre mids to get him in.
He’s 27.

He might well not be good enough, but he’s certainly not too old. Probably wouldn’t want to invest a lot in anyone much older, but yeah, his age isn’t really the strike against him.

He’s 27.

He might well not be good enough, but he’s certainly not too old. Probably wouldn’t want to invest a lot in anyone much older, but yeah, his age isn’t really the strike against him.

Well i never, i thought he was about 31 ha we do have this weird obsession with being in for a player from a lower league club, they don't come here, turn absolutely terrible and then we get linked with them all over again. It's always jarg most probably though.

Well i never, i thought he was about 31 ha we do have this weird obsession with being in for a player from a lower league club, they don't come here, turn absolutely terrible and then we get linked with them all over again. It's always jarg most probably though.
Not saying I think we should go for him by the way. Just the age thing isn’t quite right. (Makes more sense if you thought he was 31 mind you!)

Not saying I think we should go for him by the way. Just the age thing isn’t quite right. (Makes more sense if you thought he was 31 mind you!)

I was dead against him before when there was stupid £40m price tag branded about, anyway i still reckon it's lazy journalism. I highly doubt ancelotti has come in and said "who did silva want last season? Zouma, doucoure and zaha? Yeah ok marcel, just go for them again"

Yep, they just tend to not travel well at all.

Still amazed at how many people throw italian names around for us to sign.
Obviously there’s exceptions, and who knows, some of them could be great here (Donnarumma for example - the difference with goalkeeping you’d think would be minimal) but stuffing the team with Italians would be risky.

I don’t think the question should be ‘should we sign from a relegated club’? We got Gana to make one recent example, and Liverpool signed Wjinaldum after going down.

Should be “will they make us better”? If the answer is yes then we ask “will they make us better to a standard we’re happy with”?

He looks a real talent, but so did Lookman and he was never able to perform at top flight level. Its a risky signing. Not one im against by any means, but 20m is a huge fee for a player in the lower leagues.

Was that not down more to Lookman being a big time Charlie? Or in other words, his ego got in the way?

...not sure Zaha is a ‘lofty aspiration’, I’d put him in the same aspirational category as Lingard.

Ah now, he’s definitely on the higher end of quality then Red Jessie. I like Zaha for the diversity of opinion he has on here alone, defo no one in the fence.

Top work Wilfred.

Dont make the same mistake we did in Lukaku's final season - spending minimal on players like Bolasie & Enner Valencia

This time lets show ambition and spend big on some top players and convince Richy to stay

I think it's inevitable he goes if I’m honest mate, I think that’s Keans purpose a couple of years of development then slip into the Richarlisons shoes.

Not sure it’s all about spending big, sometimes it’s about spending clever, something we haven’t done in a while.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.