Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

I would have preferred that we signed Zaha and not Iwobi last summer. He would have made a far more immediate and meaningful impact.

But to then also go and buy Zaha for 50m or something, would be some of the worst recruitment in the history of the Premier league.

We need to get a grip of our recruitment. Find a profile of player, do some actual scouting outside our own league, get hungry young players, and build an energetic team with a clear identity.

Richarlison £50m (or 35 + add ons) and Zaha £40m...that's really bad business to pay a similar fee!
I know Richarlison didn't have amazing stats when he came from Watford, but he had much better potential, and now Zaha is 27 and not really getting in the top 5 for assists or top 10 for goals. Doesn't make sense. I think we should learn from Bolasie, Walcott, Iwobi, Schneiderlin, Sigurdsson - 'established' players at other PL clubs are not working at Everton.

The best business we could possibly do would be player swaps this summer and for once it actually seems realistic.

Marcel really needs to pull something out the bag.

Be ruthless and get rid of a number of the squad.

Aim at getting top 8 and a cup run next season, then build from there with our young side.

Fees aside I want players with quality that are hungry to do well.

Zaha would give us real quality out wide and is a brilliant player to watch.

If £40m is the price I’d probably take it anyway.

At 28 years of age, at the peak of his career, for someone who wants to be playing at the highest level, you’d have to question what his motives were for joining a club that hasn’t played in any European competition for almost 5 years and has just finished a season with its lowest points total in 15 years. Smacks of Sigurdsson and Schneiderlin, all about the benjamins. We should swerve him. Although I don’t think we are in for him lol

Apart from their massively different records and the fact that Arsenal wanted to sign Zaha last summer but couldn't believe their luck when we came in for Iwobi.

Very different players. Zaha's recently 'crap season' is probably better than Iwobi's best ever.

I've actually just done the math and it's a little sad to be perfectly honest. Finally putting to bed this myth Zaha is decent.

Zaha

215 PL apps (16,982 mins) / 36 Goals / 39 Assists

Based on mins played that equates to 0.19G / 0.21A per game.

Iwobi

125 PL apps (7,505 mins) / 12 Goals / 19 assists

Based on mins played that equates to 0.14G / 0.23A per game.

So considering we're all in agreement Iwobi's not really even been playing in his best position they are in fact ridiculously similar players.

Status
Not open for further replies.