Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've actually just done the math and it's a little sad to be perfectly honest. Finally putting to bed this myth Zaha is decent.

Zaha

215 PL apps (16,982 mins) / 36 Goals / 39 Assists

Based on mins played that equates to 0.19G / 0.21A per game.

Iwobi

125 PL apps (7,505 mins) / 12 Goals / 19 assists

Based on mins played that equates to 0.14G / 0.23A per game.

So considering we're all in agreement Iwobi's not really even been playing in his best position they are in fact ridiculously similar players.

Zaha’s really kicked on ability wise in the past few seasons and they’re miles apart in style.

Pulling up stats completely misses the point of what a player can bring to the team - it’s what Walsh seemed to do and failed miserably. Look at Firmino - on paper he’s an awful striker.

What I’m looking for is balance in where we have no quality. We’re badly lacking a fast, tricky proper wide player who actually makes things happen.

See Zaha 18/19 for how I see it.

Zaha Bolasie Walcott Iwobi. 125 million combined. These cannot be our wide options next season. No. Stop.
Pretty horrific viewing without Zaha

What kind of club are we trying to be? I thought Brands was hear to pluck some gems out of nowhere? Then maybe 1 biggish signing a summer

To me it's all just disappointing, im glad we have Carlo and hopefully he has some pull, we were linked with Sirigu recently? He would be great, worked with Carlo at PSG, then no sure how realistic but we get linked to Allan? Both would start and be brilliant for us

Watfords model is loaning players, maybe we can get that Sarr on loan?

The rest? Im not sure, I'd like to hope we can get some players from the French league, because most teams their are in trouble financially

Zaha’s really kicked on ability wise in the past few seasons and they’re miles apart in style.

Pulling up stats completely misses the point of what a player can bring to the team - it’s what Walsh seemed to do and failed miserably. Look at Firmino - on paper he’s an awful striker.

What I’m looking for is balance in where we have no quality. We’re badly lacking a fast, tricky proper wide player who actually makes things happen.

You might go off your eyes but the stats need to be there as well to back that up. Zaha wins fouls but as I’ve shown has the same output as Iwobi. You’d pay £40m for someone that can win a few more fouls on the wing?

+ Palace haven’t had a striker in 20 years.

I mean they signed Tosun, in real life.

75 attacking returns in 201 apperences (including bench).

I've actually just done the math and it's a little sad to be perfectly honest. Finally putting to bed this myth Zaha is decent.

Zaha

Iwobi

So considering we're all in agreement Iwobi's not really even been playing in his best position they are in fact ridiculously similar players.

If Iwobi goes on to triple his goal scoring tally and double his assist tally then I will accept that you are correct. But until then, I'm going to go on what I've seen, and that's one solitary goal in 25 appearances and not a single assist for Everton.

so 1 season in his entire career, he’s 28 in 5 months and nobody has touched him. An absolute sham of a footballer that has no redeeming quality except trying those “FIFA skillz”

We need a goals scoring winger, not one that contributes an average of 4 a season

Zaha

Iwobi

I think you’ve got to compare the teams they play for.

Palace play diabolical football, and Zaha basically carries the side.

Iwobi played in an arsenal team blessed with Özil, AubaMe yang, and the rest of the attackers. Making chances and scoring goals in a team who will haveroughly 10 more attacks a game really adds up over 38 games.

(I don’t want Zaha btw)

You might go off your eyes but the stats need to be there as well to back that up. Zaha wins fouls but as I’ve shown has the same output as Iwobi. You’d pay £40m for someone that can win a few more fouls on the wing?

A mixed approach is needed in my view. Stats are important but I just don’t think it’s fair to compare Iwobi and Zaha as players.

For instance Vardy and Ings both scored similar goals this season but are very different footballers.

Zaha has shown that he creates, scores, wins fouls and is an absolute menace at times.

He’s one of those players that you need to have defenders on at all times.

The argument can easily be made that it was a one off, but I’d pay £40m for 18/19 Zaha all day.

I think you’ve got to compare the teams they play for.

Palace play diabolical football, and Zaha basically carries the side.

Iwobi played in an arsenal team blessed with Özil, AubaMe yang, and the rest of the attackers. Making chances and scoring goals in a team who will haveroughly 10 more attacks a game really adds up over 38 games.

(I don’t want Zaha btw)

Of course there are extraneous variables but I also don’t understand how one can justify a £40m Zaha whilst blasting spending £35m on Iwobi.

A mixed approach is needed in my view. Stats are important but I just don’t think it’s fair to compare Iwobi and Zaha as players.

For instance Vardy and Ings both scored similar goals this season but are very different footballers.

Zaha has shown that he creates, scores, wins fouls and is an absolute menace at times.

He’s one of those players that you need to have defenders on at all times.

The argument can easily be made that it was a one off, but I’d pay £40m for 18/19 Zaha all day.

I’m not comparing one season, I’m comparing their full PL history there.

Professional footballer, trying to look good taking freelkick for those Insta likes.

Spaces wall 5 yards apart to not look an utter failure because he doesn’t have the technique to get up and over

Lolz

so 1 season in his entire career, he’s 28 in 5 months and nobody has touched him. An absolute sham of a footballer that has no redeeming quality except trying those “FIFA skillz”

We need a goals scoring winger, not one that contributes an average of 4 a season

I said in another post that it could’ve been a one off season, who knows? That’s football and if he had done it 4 or 5 times he definitely wouldn’t be in our reach.

Maybe it’s more that I don’t have much faith that we’ll recruit well given the last 5 years.

I’m sure there’s plenty of better buys out there but what I’m saying is that his qualities would be ideal for us, and I’d be happy to see him in our side.

Of course there are extraneous variables but I also don’t understand how one can justify a £40m Zaha whilst blasting spending £35m on Iwobi.

I couldn’t believe we signed Iwobi at that price.

If you offer me a £40m Wilfried Zaha over a £15m Iwobi, I take it. Every single day.

Iwobi is another case of young “British” talent going for super inflated prices. Came through Arsenal’s academy and better players made him come good.
Another frustrating signing. We want to be better than Arsenal, yet splurge ridiculous money on a player they don’t want cause he’s not good enough. Logical.

I know he’s Nigerian but he’s lived here since he was 4, and represented a England at youth.

Status
Not open for further replies.