2019/20 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need a decent keeper to be successful, unfortunately it looks like we haven't got one. It's not just the current form either, I don’t think he has ever been good at claiming crosses and bossing the area during corners etc. You are then relying a lot on your defence and not pulling your weight.

Maybe during England games he can get away with it with defenders able to deal with a higher percentage of these crosses/other teams playing a more technical brand of football, but I can just imagine any cup run where we have to face a lower division side we are going to be in trouble come set piece time.

Just a shame this whole virus situation put paid to the Euros. This might have put him in the shop window, now I fear he will have lost his place in the side before next year comes around.

Ben Foster on a free is 20 times less likely to drop the ball than this utter clown.

never commended his area on his best day.

Drops the ball inexplicably three times a game, every game. did it today, guarantee colemnan from playing gaelic football has better hands than Pickfod.
Playing gaelic football in Ireland your taught at a very young age about catching high balls just like corners and also how to protect yourself in the air. Watching Pickford dropping simple high balls is cringing and unacceptable, considering he's supposed to be a professional so I've no doubt Coleman would be a far better keeper than Pickford, and that's from his coaching at the basics of gaelic football.

I used to be a goalie. I find his positional play to require massive improvement. If he did that he’d make a lot less errors.

I do wonder if Chelsea would go after him if they’re looking to replace Kepa. They could do much better but I could definitely see it, they’re always a club that look for home grown players for their squad. Also he’d be theoretically be up against less shots so less mistakes.

Ideally he’d have used the last 6 months to rid himself of these mistakes but he’s only gotten worse. I can see him “coming good” at some point but it’s risky to keep him going as undisputed first choice. He desperately needs to lose the England spot to bring him back down to reality, then again that could have an even worse impact on his form. Think it’s all gone to his head big time the last 18 months or so and with Henderson and Pope having good seasons I can see him potentially having ruined his international future before its barely begun.

Not convinced by him at all. You need a reliable keeper. It's the foundation of all decent teams. We dont have one. He is not the worst in the league. Good shot stopper. But nowhere near a top 6 keeper and if going for those spots it doesnt look like he is the man. I would prioritise other areas like the whole midfield as in 4 new players there center and wide. But if a good wedge comes in for him and we can get a solid keeper I would go for it over this up and down mistake prone fruitloop.

Playing gaelic football in Ireland your taught at a very young age about catching high balls just like corners and also how to protect yourself in the air. Watching Pickford dropping simple high balls is cringing and unacceptable, considering he's supposed to be a professional so I've no doubt Coleman would be a far better keeper than Pickford, and that's from his coaching at the basics of gaelic football.

He is no mark o shea that's for sure :)

I genuinely cant think who would take him off us.

The same could be said of Bolasie , Sigurdsson and Sandro.

The common denominator ...... the PE teacher.

I think some half decent team would chance him. Prob 20 to 25 mill. We would make a loss again. The others on your list I agree with.

I used to be a goalie. I find his positional play to require massive improvement. If he did that he’d make a lot less errors.
You think he considers his height when he is positioning himself . Always seems to be flapping and a foot short on crosses esp. No excuses for not covering near post etc. That's basics. Any decent keeper who is on the short side needs to be special. Height power and presence I would consider as important as agility. In peno shoot outs if I was a betting man I go for height not agility and if pickford was coming at me to catch a cross I'm not worried about getting physically hurt as if a near 40 year old frasier foster was coming at me.

I do wonder if Chelsea would go after him if they’re looking to replace Kepa. They could do much better but I could definitely see it, they’re always a club that look for home grown players for their squad. Also he’d be theoretically be up against less shots so less mistakes.

Ideally he’d have used the last 6 months to rid himself of these mistakes but he’s only gotten worse. I can see him “coming good” at some point but it’s risky to keep him going as undisputed first choice. He desperately needs to lose the England spot to bring him back down to reality, then again that could have an even worse impact on his form. Think it’s all gone to his head big time the last 18 months or so and with Henderson and Pope having good seasons I can see him potentially having ruined his international future before its barely begun.

I think Chelsea have learned their transfer lessons these days.

Newcastle and west ham lol. That's 2 straight away. They arent top teams. Similiar to us.They are definitely in our category for paying crazy money for throw aways.
I think someone like chelsea would consider him as they can rotate keepers and I could see them spend 25 mill and bench him.
Please tell me who would pay £25 m for him

Status
Not open for further replies.