Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
...it’s a fair point you raise but he was obviously very highly rated ahead of his move to United but now finds himself 2nd choice because of another purchase.

Whilst a permanent transfer is a risk, i think a loan deal is a ‘no brainer’. He’s a good age, he’s a good size, he’s got pace and athleticism and he’s clearly got quality. I know nothing about his attitude and professionalism (I actually thought he might be a bit overweight last time I watched) but you find out about that with a loan.
While not always possible,a loan with buy option is by far the best way to go...see Iwobi.

It sounds like Solskjaer sees Mensah ahead of Dalot when he said the reason he dropped him to the bench against Palace and brought Mensah in was because: "Timothy has been waiting for his chance, he’s played a couple of good reserve games and played in the friendly we had against West Brom, so he’ll be ready."

I don’t even think it’s that you know, I think it’s just our fans. I’m not sure any other fanbase in the country rates him, including Watford. He impressed our fans by scoring a header against us.
But Silva liked him...

I think we need to be really careful when buying from larger clubs. Think about it, some of these players reached the pinnacle at some of these clubs, having them come to Everton might make them lose motivation. Feel like we'd be better served by going for players who see us as a step up, at least they would have soemthing to play for.
On the flipside to that.. take Rom. Failed at Chelsea, but was keen to prove himself at West Brom and then us. Got a move to United on merit, and for big money.

It depends, once again, on the attitude of the player. Too many pro footballers in the top divisions take their absurd wages and drift through their careers on cruise control.

On the flipside to that.. take Rom. Failed at Chelsea, but was keen to prove himself at West Brom and then us. Got a move to United on merit, and for big money.

It depends, once again, on the attitude of the player. Too many pro footballers in the top divisions take their absurd wages and drift through their careers on cruise control.
Exactly. I'm not saying "don't buy from bigger clubs" as Digne is one of our best players. It's just that it's hard to predict how they would react from going somewhere where they win things to Everton who haven't won anything in 25 years.

The romanian lad looks very "meh" on YouTube. Done very little in his career and then spiked this season - with pens and freekicks seemingly helping his stats. Also seems to be a no.10 which unless we're changing system we don't really need. Appreciate he's cheap and relatively low risk, but so were Shani Tarashaj, Nikola Vlasic, Leandro Rodriguez etc....

Status
Not open for further replies.