Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Dalot is so good why cant he get much game time for a Utd side renowned for its average defence?

This is why we need to stop chasing cast offs - we cant finish above teams who's players that aren't good enough are rockijg up here.

Haven't they got the second or third best defence in the league?

Dunno how because Maguire is a donkey and de gea is having a torrid season

Yeah dont get me wrong he could do a job like im just hoping we start going for more Richarlison's than cast offs unless said cast offs were of a proven quality i.e. Ings, Allan, Digne.

I think if we get him on a loan deal it would make sense considering we need to spend alot on the midfield / wide areas - Dalot on loan and Kenny sold for £8-12 million would give us some wiggle room FFP speaking to invest in other areas.

In fairness Digne is a caste off too, but you can see with him he has a great attitude and a real desire to perform. He's been my player of the season again and is a class act. You have to get an idea of the player though.

I worry about Premier league quality too, didn't we try to do this with BIolasie, Sigurdsson, Williams et al?

Buying and selling players must be like any asset. Someone like Ings is like buying a stock after it’s boomed. The price will be sky high and it’s more than likely to just decline once we’ve bought it (due to his age and the fact he’s never been near these figures in his career before). Someone like Kean however is a stock that could go sky high yet people are advocating that we sell it now at a slight loss.

In summary I’m sure the business people at Everton will not be advocating signing Ings and selling Kean.

I remember reading Craig Bellamy's auto biography
He said he spoke to Moyes about going to Everton, they were really positive talks! They spoke about how he would fit in to the team, were he would play etc. It got Bellamy excited, off that he decided Everton was were he wanted to go!
The next meeting with Moyes was apparently very different. Moyes showed up with a dossier of rules and conduct instructions etc. Moyes was alot colder apparently on this meeting, so much that Bellamy didn't like the approach and chose to go to Blackburn.

Wonder if that was all abit of a tactic to see how Bellamy would react to both situations, the positive & the negative to see how much he wanted it.
May of meant a certain few players may of skipped of grasp, but it did bring in a lot of the right attitude players too
Good Moyes/Bad Moyes

Im certain he would be a very good right winger.

Fantastic crosser and can track back having been a right back. Alsp 2 footed

Agree wholeheartedly with this assessment - great general athleticism, really high ceiling talent-wise and still only 21 - simply a case of his face not fitting with Solskjaer, with most United fans lamenting Dalot's lack of game time whilst accepting that AWB is likely set to be their full back for the next 7-10 years.

With this in mind, I think him on loan this summer with the view to a permanent move could be perfect for where we're at right now, allowing us to spend what we have on better midfield options. Would be solid in front of Coleman when we need to set up in a more defensive manner (similar to when Moyes blooded through Coleman at RM in front of Neville/Hibbert) with the intention of him becoming the number 1 option at right back for the following season.

I don’t even think it’s that you know, I think it’s just our fans. I’m not sure any other fanbase in the country rates him, including Watford. He impressed our fans by scoring a header against us.

It was probably a couple of years ago, when all the pundits were comparing him to Viera and touting him to Arsenal and the RS. Our fans have kept hold of that and think he’s world beater.

I’d cry £40m worth of tears if he turns up

It was probably a couple of years ago, when all the pundits were comparing him to Viera and touting him to Arsenal and the RS. Our fans have kept hold of that and think he’s world beater.

I’d cry £40m worth of tears if he turns up

Yeah I remember he scored a flurry of goals one season about 3 years ago, that was probably it. Proper jarg donkey, our fans would be booing his head clean off within 3 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.