Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

If Dalot is so good why cant he get much game time for a Utd side renowned for its average defence?

This is why we need to stop chasing cast offs - we cant finish above teams who's players that aren't good enough are rockijg up here.

The answer would surely be though, that he plays in the same position as Wan Bissaka, who has been pretty good during his time there and was always going to start every week given the fee.

I do understand the aversion to signing "caste offs" and the question of hunger. However I do think it's a difficult bind. If we go and sign a group of hungry players from below us, youare generally talking about teams who have been or are close to relegation levelor in the championship. So the obvious come back is that these players have "found their level" (I'm not sauing I agree with that either).

So the solution is, we sign the best players from the best teams. I just don't think it's either realistic or feasible.

What I would say we have to do better is judge the character better. For me, in different ways Iwobi and Delph ast summer appear to me to have the wrong character from the little I see. Before that the same can be levelled at Bernard, to a degree at Keane, Pickford, Sigurdssn, Schneiderlin etc. I know people keep going on about that Moyes team, but they were filled with the right characters and lots who've gone on to coach. Cahill, Arteta, Ferguson, Stubbs, Weir, Carsley, Campbell, Gravesen etc. We need to get an idea if people are hungry to come and play here before committing.

We are light on strikers at the moment. Anyone reckon we should go in for Danny Ings? Seems to have got over his injury problems and looks a real threat every time I have seen him play recently.

Throw the last game v Bournemouth,

Hope Watford lose v city and arsenal by enough goals

They go down, we get the last laugh over all the Silva/richarlison tension, take doucoure on the cheap?

Watford have a a cuple I'd take, Doucoure would be one and that Sarr would be another. It's inetresting that I generally always look at sides going down and think "who would I take to improve us" and it seems this year there are quite a few. In truth I think it's more a comment on where we are as a club nore than anything else.

If Dalot is so good why cant he get much game time for a Utd side renowned for its average defence?

This is why we need to stop chasing cast offs - we cant finish above teams who's players that aren't good enough are rockijg up here.

You want Liverpool cast off Danny Ings.

It doesn't really matter where a player is signed from or his history, all players are different, the only thing that matters is if the manager thinks he can do a job for the team.

We are light on strikers at the moment. Anyone reckon we should go in for Danny Ings? Seems to have got over his injury problems and looks a real threat every time I have seen him play recently.

Feeds off making intelligent runs and the balls being played in for him to run onto.

So would be pretty pointless if we don't fix the midfield first.

Status
Not open for further replies.