2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
What really irritates me is that Souness called this when he signed. SOUNESS! This is the guy who signed George Weah's cousin!

He he. :)

Reports out of the club say he is a hard worker. Trains extremely hard. I'll give him next season. But we need a new midfield. Messi would find it hard working with our bunch of misfits

Hes garbage, but yesterday was not a game to judge him on, when if he’d have had to do something, it would have been in his own.

Nobody has said that.

Simply that you can't say Kean looks more of a goalscorer than DCL when DCL actually scored more goals at that age. That's what goalscorers do.

Anyway this is the Iwobi thread and Iwobi is not very good.
Well this is the Kean thread and if you're writing off Kean now I think you're missing a lot of what matters. Goals don't just happen. There are things that you have to do to score them consistently. It doesn't mean you will always score though. Even good strikers blow hot and cold as far as when they actually score the goals usually. If you score 8 in 5 games and none for the next 11 it is still 1 in 2. The players who don't have streaks to when they score don't play for Everton.

People seem to think because they see Kean come on he is then getting enough of a chance to do more. The reality is he hasn't started since we played Newcastle, a game he scored in, and he has only played more than 20 minutes off the bench in 3 appearances since then. In one of those he assisted the winner and the other two were both games where we got utterly battered and no one played well.

This isn't really just aimed at you as the more general prevailing wisdom around here which seems to be we should cut our losses. It is the dumbest thing we've adopted as a good idea among a majority of the fan base in awhile. Patience folks. Honestly if you want to see anything great from Everton again, you'll probably need it.

Well this is the Kean thread and if you're writing off Kean now I think you're missing a lot of what matters. Goals don't just happen. There are things that you have to do to score them consistently. It doesn't mean you will always score though. Even good strikers blow hot and cold as far as when they actually score the goals usually. If you score 8 in 5 games and none for the next 11 it is still 1 in 2. The players who don't have streaks to when they score don't play for Everton.

People seem to think because they see Kean come on he is then getting enough of a chance to do more. The reality is he hasn't started since we played Newcastle, a game he scored in, and he has only played more than 20 minutes off the bench in 3 appearances since then. In one of those he assisted the winner and the other two were both games where we got utterly battered and no one played well.

This isn't really just aimed at you as the more general prevailing wisdom around here which seems to be we should cut our losses. It is the dumbest thing we've adopted as a good idea among a majority of the fan base in awhile. Patience folks. Honestly if you want to see anything great from Everton again, you'll probably need it.
For the record I am not writing him off. Just disputing that he's shown he's a better goalscorer than DCL was at that age. Which he hasn't been, because he's scored less goals.

For the record I am not writing him off. Just disputing that he's shown he's a better goalscorer than DCL was at that age. Which he hasn't been, because he's scored less goals.
I think you're misreading me just a bit. I think he has higher potential as a goalscorer than Dom did. I never really thought before February that Dom would ever hit 20 goals and I think he might have a shot now. Kean I think absolutely has that potential even though it isn't quite clicking yet. And while yes DCL had scored more goals that quite literally ends if Kean scores one more.

We have entered the Davy Klaasen ‘just needs game time’ level of delusion.

Not a Premiership striker. Will never be a Premiership striker.
Just for the record people said this about Calvert-Lewin for 3 straight seasons and regardless of exactly how good you think he is now there is no argument that he isn't PL quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.