Europa League do we want it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with Carlo and he says he wants European football and even I think that Champions League is out of reach so Europa it is! COYB

Lets be real, to get were we are when we were 3rd bottom early December, and to be in with a shot of getting Europa, if we get it or not, we have done so very well and it looks good for the Future, we just have to have this kind of form when the new season starts and not let how we have done drop and be wasted,
When we win most of the time as we know other things in other games dont fall for us.

The sad realism is this seems to happen regularly, we finish a season well, one of the best in the league in the form book, we all just pray that'll continue, we buy a loaf of players, the team starts the season a couple of weeks away from full fitness and we start sluggishly. Seems rinse and repeat, hopefully carlo can change that.

I want it whether we get it is a different matter. If we finish 8th we are in the lap of the courts if we finish 7th it means we have been pretty much perfect in our run in. I want it because it allows us to attract better players and gives more playing opportunities to the squad as a whole.

Having checked the run ins of most the teams around us plus us playing spurs, wolves and Sheffield United who have been up and down in the lockdown i dont see why we cant get europe. Arsenals run in is nasty so I dont think they will get europe. That leaves burnley, spurs, Sheffield United and I think we will beat spurs Monday, beat Southampton on Thursday and probably lose away to wolves. Which leaves us with Sheffield United who we should be beating no matter how good they've been. Villa we will beat and bournemouth who are done. So I would say the spurs or wolves game is a free pass win one lose one or draw both and we will be in the qualifiers for europe

The difference being we have a manager with a footballing brain who knows how to see games out when they look in the balance. This will obviously bring confidence to the team who haven't been great since coming back but are winning without playing well. If we were under silva still no chance does seeing games out happen

I personally hate this competition on the format it has at the moment, should be a straight knockout format more exciting than bland group games, imo best swerve until they see sense.

looking beyond our reach now. Arsenal beating Wolves and us not getting anything last night more or less killed it.
Would need 4 wins out of 5 now and even then doubt we catch Arsenal and Spurs. Top 10 finish at best i think. Roll on next season :)

looking beyond our reach now. Arsenal beating Wolves and us not getting anything last night more or less killed it.
Would need 4 wins out of 5 now and even then doubt we catch Arsenal and Spurs. Top 10 finish at best i think. Roll on next season :)
Bottom half is more likely tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.