2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go down the years. The number of home run January signings is small unless I've missed a whole lot.
But again, why are you talking about home runs when I’ve already told you that’s not what I’m talking about? If only a home run signing can be good business then brands has only made one out of a dozen or so signings. Is that really the criteria you want to use?

I don’t get the Brands hate at all. He’s improving our squad each window. We had a terrible squad and still loads of over priced crap to get rid of.
The fact is Everton have been crap for 30odd years bar maybe 2 seasons in that.
Yet somehow Brands not turning us in to CL winners in 2 years makes him a terrible DOF?
We have finished 4th once since 86/87 when we last came 4th.
It’s going to take time. Walsh/Koeman/Martinez bought something garbage players that we are still/just getting rid of.
Give Brands at least another 2 years before you start having a go at him

I don’t get the Brands hate at all. He’s improving our squad each window. We had a terrible squad and still loads of over priced crap to get rid of.
Yet somehow Brands not turning us in to CL winners in 2 years makes him a terrible DOF?
It’s going to take time. Walsh/Koeman/Martinez bought something garbage players that we are still/just getting rid of.

Forget the league placings.

Digne and Richarlison are top class.

Bernard, Mina, Gomes -- All have major issues but we could make back the £50mil on them easily.

Delph, Iwobi, Lossl are 3 simply bizarre signings which people are bewildered about. They make no sense at all in any discussion.

Gbamin + Kean need to be eased into the team and some posters are being obtuse in their views on them.

Also hes not moved on enough of the deadwood permanently probably due to their high wages. Some posters dont understand that giving them away for free means we still take a book value hit on their transfer fees...so we cant actually benefit while loaning them is better on the books.

For me, now we have Ancelotti he has to:

1: Finally clear out the deadwood.

Hes not given contracts to alot of u23s. Also hes shifted Schneiderlin and Hornby for circa £4mil and £120k+ in wages.

Hes got to move on the rest this summer. Its imperative to open up funds for the manager.

2: Clear out 1st team players who dont fit the managers plans or are injury prone or even are able to bring in good fees but easily upgradable.

Delph, Bernard, Mina, Keane, Tosun, Walcott perhaps?

Id actually be happy with high potential signings this window for Ancelotti to work with and improve. Thats as long as alot of our rubbish is moved on and those players show true quality.

Forget the league placings.

Digne and Richarlison are top class.

Bernard, Mina, Gomes -- All have major issues but we could make back the £50mil on them easily.

Delph, Iwobi, Lossl are 3 simply bizarre signings which people are bewildered about. They make no sense at all in any discussion.

Gbamin + Kean need to be eased into the team and some posters are being obtuse in their views on them.

Also hes not moved on enough of the deadwood permanently probably due to their high wages. Some posters dont understand that giving them away for free means we still take a book value hit on their transfer fees...so we cant actually benefit while loaning them is better on the books.

For me, now we have Ancelotti he has to:

1: Finally clear out the deadwood.

Hes not given contracts to alot of u23s. Also hes shifted Schneiderlin and Hornby for circa £4mil and £120k+ in wages.

Hes got to move on the rest this summer. Its imperative to open up funds for the manager.

2: Clear out 1st team players who dont fit the managers plans or are injury prone or even are able to bring in good fees but easily upgradable.

Delph, Bernard, Mina, Keane, Tosun, Walcott perhaps?

Id actually be happy with high potential signings this window for Ancelotti to work with and improve. Thats as long as alot of our rubbish is moved on and those players show true quality.
This is the 1st time in forever we had a world class manager. Let’s see what he can do with these players

Delph was a chance, we needed leadership and unfortunately he hasn’tshown any.

Lossi was a GK who play PL and was free, so a no brainer

Iwobi 23 give him a chance.

Bernard was a free signing and opened up yesterday about his struggles with his mental health.

Kean needs time to adapt to the league and new manager. Next year he might be awesome.

The fact he flat out refuses to do any business in the January window is a criminal offence in itself.

I hope the club have wisened up over the years and are awaiting his business this year before deciding if its worth extending his contract or not.

He has no scapegoat this coming season - everyone blamed Silva this season lets see him try deflect blame from himself with Ancelotti as manager.

If we fall short next season it wont be Carlo getting the boot...

The fact he flat out refuses to do any business in the January window is a criminal offence in itself.

I hope the club have wisened up over the years and are awaiting his business this year before deciding if its worth extending his contract or not.

He's on the board and has shares in the club. He isn't on a fixed term contract.

He has no scapegoat this coming season - everyone blamed Silva this season lets see him try deflect blame from himself with Ancelotti as manager.

If we fall short next season it wont be Carlo getting the boot...
He’s done good business, he was in a difficult situation and still is, the pervious DOF and managers spent way over the top on bang average players and we are still paying for it now.
He reduced the age of the squad, the team that played the RS at home was the youngest side in 30 odd years in a Darby.
He bought players that we can sell on for profit and not on massive wages.
These players we have are good
Under Silva we where 17th
Under Carlo currently 5th(had the season started when we joined)

Yet it’s the same players

He’s done good business, he was in a difficult situation and still is, the pervious DOF and managers spent way over the top on bang average players and we are still paying for it now.
He reduced the age of the squad, the team that played the RS at home was the youngest side in 30 odd years in a Darby.
He bought players that we can sell on for profit and not on massive wages.
These players we have are good
Under Silva we where 17th
Under Carlo currently 5th(had the season started when we joined)

Yet it’s the same players

I agree the previous regime has left him with alot of work to do - but again Richarlison & Digne aside none of his signings would get into the top 6 clubs starting 11 most weeks and that has to be the aim long term if we are to regulary compete for Europe/champions league.

Exactly this, the mess we are in not being able to get rid of crap players is due to Walsh , Koeman, Allardyce signings Not Brands.

Brands has improved the team since he has been with us, and he wasn’t going to start signing world class players over night, it’s a gradual process, that might be sped up now that we have Ancelotti.

We need to give Brands and Ancelotti time to do that and judge after two or three more transfer windows.

It’s unfair to judge Brands on the mistakes done before he was even at the club.

I agree the previous regime has left him with alot of work to do - but again Richarlison & Digne aside none of his signings would get into the top 6 clubs starting 11 most weeks and that has to be the aim long term if we are to regulary compete for Europe/champions league.
Delph and Iwobi both got in to top 6 teams last season.

We now have a manager that knows how to manage, not only players but in game as well. Next season will show if Brands signings are good or not

But again, why are you talking about home runs when I’ve already told you that’s not what I’m talking about? If only a home run signing can be good business then brands has only made one out of a dozen or so signings. Is that really the criteria you want to use?
If you think we should continue to take large shots at Brands every time someone he didn't sign scores because he didn't use January correctly than that is your prerogative. I simply intended to point out anyone who thought Brands would have us in Europe by now is pretty deluded as to the size of the task.

Status
Not open for further replies.