2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your only as good as your last performance, Brands last rodeo wasn't great.

Bad luck only goes so far , but to be honest we've been the self proclaimed unluckiest club in the world for over 25 years.

Time for some responsibility/ decision making and better recruitment, we can then create our own good luck.

Tell that to the United fans and the midfielder they landed who transformed their season.
Yes mate I'm aware of exceptions but go through the business in total. It's a pretty big issue if your argument for Brands being crap is he isn't using January correctly.

Genuinely I've stopped counting January. So just make it years. So little meaningful business happens in January that we are just arguing semantics with this.
You could list a load of expensive flops in January, and a load of expensive flops in the summer window. You could also point to successes in both, whichever to suit your point. The fact is, it is a window where every team can do business. He chooses not to but others don’t.

You say you don’t count it but a good signing in January can literally be the difference between a CL push, a Europa league spot, or survival in the premier league. It’s likely United will make champions league purely because of fernandes. Yet you say you ignore it?

You say you don’t count it but a good signing in January can literally be the difference between a CL push, a Europa league spot, or survival in the premier league. It’s likely United will make champions league purely because of fernandes. Yet you say you ignore it?

Premier League clubs made 50 transfers in January and only 1 has made an impact.

But sure, you keep clinging to that 1 player.

I genuinely can't name a January transfer that isn't Fernandes just like before January 2020 I couldn't name one that wasn't Van Dijk. Well I guess Walcott and Tosun but that's kind of the point no?

I genuinely can't name a January transfer that isn't Fernandes just like before January 2020 I couldn't name one that wasn't Van Dijk. Well I guess Walcott and Tosun but that's kind of the point no?
It depends what you’re looking for I think. I have no problem with us not doing business this year as it seemed unnecessary anyway, but there are plenty of January signings who are doing ok for their clubs. Not every signing, whether summer or January, is a star. But that doesn’t mean they’re bad signings.

It depends what you’re looking for I think. I have no problem with us not doing business this year as it seemed unnecessary anyway, but there are plenty of January signings who are doing ok for their clubs. Not every signing, whether summer or January, is a star. But that doesn’t mean they’re bad signings.
All I'm looking for in January is for large globs of money to not be wasted.

Well I was talking more about the signings across the league. The point being that just because somebody doesn’t jump out like Fernandes as a massive success, doesn’t mean it wasn’t worth signing them.
Go down the years. The number of home run January signings is small unless I've missed a whole lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.