Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
@TheBigIguana = Rajkovic (Reims)24 Serbian 6'3

@Grinch = Strakosha (Lazio) 25 Albanian 6'4

Any other shouts?
We’re not selling Pickford at all in this window. We’re not even considering selling Pickford in this window. The goalkeeper isn’t even close to the top of our “problems” list. That’s not me saying he’s good before I get slated it’s me just being realistic.

I said this a while ago... if players like Sandro won’t leave ... then he’s not going to sit in Spain getting prem wages. I’d have him here , training hard, in a place he hates and make him earn it. If he hates it that much , he can take a pay cut and leave. Same for bolasie etc .
This makes no financial sense.

We’re not selling Pickford at all in this window. We’re not even considering selling Pickford in this window. The goalkeeper isn’t even close to the top of our “problems” list. That’s not me saying he’s good before I get slated it’s me just being realistic.
I'm trying to figure out why if a 20m+ offer came we wouldn't take it. We could improve the position and be 5-10m better off too.

....it’s not their fault they were given lucrative, legally binding contracts. Most clubs will have expensive failures, the fact we have so many is largely down to Steve Walsh. There is little that can be done.

Hopefully it comes to a point in their contracts where a three year deal elsewhere is more attractive than seeing out the remainder of their deal with us, although I think we have to assume they will see out their time and take advantage of lucrative Bosmans.

I think we have had a high number of these expensive failures in the past few seasons, I think fans can sort of take it when there are say 2 out of 5 transfers don't work, or you can see the player is working hard or if the fees were not too high and the wages not ridiculous. But we have had too many players who have been bad, looked like they can't be bothered, who we paid big fees for and are paying top wages for.
It's why when we are liked with players for £40m plus who are untested in the premier league, I get a bit nervous

Lille defender Gabriel provides future update: “I want to join a club that will get me into the Brazilian national team.”
Speaking in an interview with L’Équipe, Lille’s 22-year-old Brazilian central defender Gabriel provided an update on his future.

“If I knew what was going to happen, I would not lie to you. But I don’t know, so I am waiting. I am thinking too. It is very gratifying because a lot of clubs are speaking about me. I want to go as high as possible, I came to Europe for that.”

On whether he would prefer England or Italy:

They are both good leagues. I speak a lot with Luis Campos to see where is best for me because he has a lot of experience. I also speak with my agents, with Gérard (Lopez), with José (Fonte).

On Gennaro Gattuso being a big fan of his:

I don’t know, we haven’t spoken. On the internet, on social media, there are a lot of things that come out. We don’t know what is true. I see everyday: “ah Gabriel is going there, he is coming here.” But in fact, we don’t yet know where I am going to go.

On whether he is prioritising playing time at his next club or joining a Champions’ League outfit:

Wherever I go, it will be to play, to be at the top, at the very highest level. And above all in a team that will allow me get to the Brazilian national team. That is my biggest objective, my dream. I hope that I will be there soon.

I'm trying to figure out why if a 20m+ offer came we wouldn't take it. We could improve the position and be 5-10m better off too.
What goalkeeper could we sign for between £10m to £15m? I know pickford has made some mistakes this year, but I can't see us selling him at all, what we need is a very good number 2 to push him, improve him and improve our options, but it's not easy to get that type of player, you are generally looking at players over 35

We won’t be actively looking to shift him no, but if a good offer comes in I think we’d be quite happy to move him on, especially given our financial problems. I doubt the people in charge of our recruitment will feel he’ll be tough to replace.

Pickford can be a good keeper but at other times he has these brain farts and is really impetuous not the place you want that. Plus we could replace him with someone solid and not that expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.